• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen 134 club

181 posts in this topic

Have a 9.4 that was bought from these boards as an 8.5.

Much Kudos to Joeypost - again.

Will post a pic when it arrives from Joey.

I have a 2.5 that I bought as a 3.5

Not much kudos to Atomic Avenue - again.

Won't post a pic because there's nothing really great to see.

The following, for me, makes Jimmy #134 the 1st Darkseid

1) He is named

2) He is seen

3) He speaks

4) There is a warning that Darkseid will play a big part in the Marvel (Jimmy) universe in the future.

I can't see how that can't be the 1st appearance. It's not like he's in shadows or just an outline - he speaks and a future story is clearly defined.

2c

So the consensus is Jimmy Olsen #134 is the first Darkseid, and not Forever People #1 ?

I am just wondering because we all know how Incredible Hulk 180 turned out with Wolverine.

I own both so whichever wants to quadruple in price is fine with me. :insane:

I think in those cases it’s always BOTH the books which represent the first appearances.

Hulk #181 got so collected because Wolverine is on the cover, but since Jimmy #134 and Forever People #1 are both important (and no Darkseid on the cover), I consider them on the same level.

Can’t see why a "key" should skyrocket. Better to have two half keys and less skyrocketing… lol