• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This was posted in the registry forum, but......

133 posts in this topic

confused.gif The census numbers for the books printing in 1975 and after still look very low. If I am not looking in the wrong place, these are the census numbers I am getting:

#36: 3

#37: 2

#38: 6

#39: 6

#40: 3

893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

Starlin's epic Captain Marvel - Thanos arc started with Captain Marvel 25 and ended with Captain Marvel 34. If you want to get technical, then toss Iron Man 55 and Marvel Feature 12 on there too.

If you ever read Captain Marvel post-Starlin, you wouldn't be posting those Census numbers. Trust me.

Man, if I had a quarter every time JC said "I was going to submit but (choose one):"

I think this is pretty clear:

Economy (pre-75) $29.00

Modern (75 and up) $15.00

If I have the choice between a Captain Marvel 32 or a Warlock 9, that huge price difference is going to make the choice for me.

If you ever read Captain Marvel post-Starlin, you wouldn't be posting those Census numbers. Trust me.

For the most part I agree, but I liked the issues that Pat Broderick drew at the very end of the run. Some of the stories that he completed for CM before it was cancelled ended up being published in Marvel Spotlight (2nd series).

Kev

Man, if I had a quarter every time JC said "I was going to submit but (choose one):"

I think this is pretty clear:

Economy (pre-75) $29.00

Modern (75 and up) $15.00

If I have the choice between a Captain Marvel 32 or a Warlock 9, that huge price difference is going to make the choice for me.

I'm not talking about these books, I'm talking about the past 2+ years of your excuses for not submitting anything to CGC...it's just a joke anyway "I could afford a full UFF run and submit it to the registry!", get it? makepoint.gif

foreheadslap.gif

I'm not talking about these books, I'm talking about the past 2+ years of your excuses for not submitting anything to CGC

Yeah I know and it really comes down to my laziness and not being able to make the "final 10-15 call" on which books to send.

But in the case of the Starlin Captain Marvels, the insane price means they don't even go in my "consider" pile.

Starlin's epic Captain Marvel - Thanos arc started with Captain Marvel 25 and ended with Captain Marvel 34. If you want to get technical, then toss Iron Man 55 and Marvel Feature 12 on there too.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Interesting. Why do you think the numbers are so low on issue #28? The cover for that particular issue is very good, but seems low compared to the rest of that story arc. It seems odd that the submission rates dip to 8 for that issue and dip all the way down to 6 for issue #34.

confused.gif The census numbers for the books printing in 1975 and after still look very low. If I am not looking in the wrong place, these are the census numbers I am getting:

#36: 3

#37: 2

#38: 6

#39: 6

#40: 3

Iron Man 55 - 200 graded copies

Marvel Feature 12 - 17 graded copies

Captain Marvel 25 - 18 graded copies

Captain Marvel 26 - 16 graded copies

Captain Marvel 27 - 10 graded copies

Captain Marvel 28 - 8 graded copies

Captain Marvel 29 - 10 graded copies

Captain Marvel 30 - 17 graded copies

Captain Marvel 31 - 18 graded copies

Captain Marvel 32 - 20 graded copies

Captain Marvel 33 - 23 graded copies

Captain Marvel 34 - 8 graded copies

And, just to make everybody happy:

Strange Tales 178 (February, 1975) - 64 graded copies

Strange Tales 179 - 23

Strange Tales 180 - 16

Strange Tales 181 - 12

Warlock 9 - 40

Warlock 10 - 55

Warlock 11 - 25

Warlock 12 - 29 regular/6 30 cent variants

Warlock 13 - 31/4

Warlock 14 - 24/3

Warlock 15 - 19

Marvel Two In One Annual 2 - 64

Avengers Annual 7 - 54

Interesting. Why do you think the numbers are so low on issue #28? The cover for that particular issue is very good, but seems low compared to the rest of that story arc. It seems odd that the submission rates dip to 8 for that issue and dip all the way down to 6 for issue #34.

No idea on Captain Marvel #28 but #34 is really the epilogue to the saga, and is more concerned with Captain Marvel vs. Nitro. Kinda like Byrne's last issue with X-Men 143, it ended on a downer and a story disconnected from the rest of the run.

According to the Death of Captain Marvel GN it was in issue #34's battle with Nitro that Cap was exposed to carcinogens which led to him developing the cancer which eventually killed him.

Kev

According to the Death of Captain Marvel GN it was in issue #34's battle with Nitro that Cap was exposed to carcinogens which led to him developing the cancer which eventually killed him.

cough *retcon* cough

Plus, what does that have to do with the first Thanos storyline? confused-smiley-013.gif

cough *retcon* cough

Plus, what does that have to do with the first Thanos storyline?

I would consider it an unofficial epilogue to the first storyline, since it was the only issue Starlin did after the Thanos storyline. Since the Death of Captain Marvel graphic novel does deal with CM's role as the cosmic champion that was designated to stop Thanos... and the two square off for a final time in the gn before Mar-Vell enters the after-life it does have some connection as the trigger for their "final" confrontation.

I would consider it an unofficial epilogue to the first storyline, since it was the only issue Starlin did after the Thanos storyline.

No idea on Captain Marvel #28 but #34 is really the epilogue to the saga...

And please, since you expound the virtues of tailoring the Registry to Census numbers, please answer my original question:

Do you really want CGC to NEVER enter a comic in the registry that has been printed prior to 2004?

Never is a pretty long time. I'd say you can use the census to determine

the order that titles are added... and you'll eventually get to everything.

To repeat Steve's answer to you directly...

"Do you really believe that we will not have a MTU, X-Men, Swampthing, MOKF, HTD, Warlord, Marvel variants, Kirbys 4th World, and many others within a year, then you don't know me that well."

So, what part of "within a year" did you interpret as NEVER?