• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Spider Man #3 variants only known copies

54 posts in this topic

Those prices are just stupid. Crazy crazy stuff.

No joke, and what I don't get about this whole deal is:

1) Why wait so long to CGC them? This is USM #3 after all.

2) How can a printing error like this be so small and confined as to elude discovery until now, yet the SAME Diamond box includes two distinct color errors?

Something about this doesn't add up.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Dear Mr. Joe Collector -

The reason I took "so long to CGC them" is because they were my personal copies and I did not plan or want to part with them. All the books I sell are from my personal collection, and it kills me to part with each of them. I'm only selling because I have to. I am a fan and collector at heart, a dealer by necessity.

As far as them coming from a single diamond box, all I can tell you is that's how it happened. They did not "elude discovery", I sold one of the "pink" editions months ago in a run of Ultimate Spider-Man and planned on keeping the rest. The fact that none have surfaced until I sold these copies just gives credence to my belief that these are the only copies.

But your comments and innuendo are a good way to start rumors and ruin reputations. Not everything is a conspiracy.

Thanks.

Ramona

But your comments and innuendo are a good way to start rumors and ruin reputations.

Hey insufficiently_thoughtful_person, if I wanted to make accusations and ruin reputations, I would without hesitation, so get off your freaking high horse. Ask anyone; I don't exactly beat around the bush when I want to say something.

My comments were more in the vein of "I honestly cannot believe these are the ONLY ones in existence" type deal, and I suspect after this high-profile sale, we'll likely see more.

Hello Joe,

Next time I need to know something about you I will be sure to "ask anyone". But before now, the only place I had to look was from my high horse so forgive me if I misconstrued your point.

I suppose there is a good chance more copies could exist. I just feel lucky to have had these copies.

Joe, does this mean it's over between us?

You sold a modern. You made more profit than he can on Byrne X-Men books.

Yeah, I'm quite the prolific seller of comics. 27_laughing.gif

Right... you have extra copies of all those books to line your coffin with.

thumbsup2.gif

$5k+ for the three books together! holy toledo!

congrats to you dicktoe!

but, man o' man, what's the upside of those books from now on? i can't see them going for more than this. especially if some others surface...