• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Spider Man #3 variants only known copies

54 posts in this topic

Hello,

This is my first post on the CGC boards and I hope I am following the proper etiquette. I am unsure if posting eBay auctions are against policy rules.

For those interested, I am currently offering three of the four only known manufacturing error copies of Ultimate Spider Man #3.

If you would like to take a look, here is the link:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=dicktoe&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

Thanks for looking,

Ramona

So these books get Green labels because of Manufacturer’s Errors? Seems like an odd thing since you, the owner, had nothing to do with the error. It's not like there's a signature there which you could/could not have on the book. Hmm. Anyway, nice books. Welcome. Stick around...

On a similar note, I recieved a qualified lable on a Harbinger 4 with the blank coupon error. Seems like major manufacturing errors bring out the dreaded GLOD.

Thats what I was thinking. Why the heck did they receive a Qualified label for a manufactoring error confused.gif

That makes no sense at all, and is contrary to what CGC has stated concerning the Qualified grade.

What's the story guys?

Check out the FF 110 Green Printing Error. There doesn't seem to be a single Qualified among them. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

http://www.cgccomics.com/poplookup/grades_standard.asp?title=Fantastic+Four++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++&issue=110++++&publisher=Marvel+Comics++++++++++++&year=1971&issuedate=5%2F71++++++++++++++++

For one thing, these are not variants, they are printing errors. Not sure why CGC would give them a Qualified grade. They usually are not known for noting printing color hue changes (i.e. calamerica's IM/Subby color differences). It could be that this is such an extreme difference, that it should be noted.

Welcome to the boards.

This is just crazy. WHY would someone spend the kind of money that he is getting for these books? This really makes NO sence to me at all. It is not a planned version. Just a printing error. NO OFFENSE TO YOU THE SELLER, ACTUALLY NICE JOB. But will I get a crazy price for a U. Spider-Man with a miscut cover??? This modern thing is really crazy. tonofbricks.giftonofbricks.gif

Could it be like the stampys paying big $ for errors? Baseball collectors too pay big $ for errors. Don't double covers get a larger price? There used to be this store on Oakland Park Blvd that had all sorts of "rare" issues (like Gobbledygook or however you spell it) that were hung on the wall. Not for sale, but just for show. Perhaps the bidders want to have a similar dispaly. I guess as long as it's what they want, and they've got the $, more power to them to collect what they want.

There's a precedent for this in comics and it can't be laughed off as "those silly moderns." Check your Overstreets and GPA for the "Green Printing Error Variant" of Fantastic Four #110. That odd looking book sells for a real premium over its normal counterpart.

I can't say that this is "rare" or if it's worth what it's currently bid up to - although I have an opinion.

Mostly, I'm curious as to why the green label.

i baffled too, if this is a manufacturing error then why not the same for multiple cover books? confused.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

There's a precedent for this in comics and it can't be laughed off as "those silly moderns." Check your Overstreets and GPA for the "Green Printing Error Variant" of Fantastic Four #110. That odd looking book sells for a real premium over its normal counterpart.

That is a slightly different example than this example. The FF110 is an actual printing color error, the wrong colors were used. This book has one of the pigments, in this case yellow, not being used. Small distinction, but a difference nonetheless.

It didn't make a lot of sense to me either, especially in light of the Venom book. I had a friend of mine ask CGC at the San Diego Con about it and I expecting to hear from him today.

Anyway it goes, things seem to be turning out well for the auctions and I am pleased with that.

While I'm at it, I also listed a copy of Amazing Spider-Man # 62 in 9.6 if anyone is interested.

Thanks for the welcome and your responses,

Ramona