• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Marvel Feature 1

12 posts in this topic

Square bound books are my nemesis! This one seems to have a slight roll, but I'm not sure how badly CGC would knock it for that, 8.5/9.0 unless that's a tear on the spine about two inches from the top visible on the BC scan.

The spot on the spine isn't a tear, its a slight separation of the spine from the back cover. I'm not sure how that is treated in square bounds.

Also, there is an actual hole in the front cover from the top staple. I've seen that CGC is pretty lenient about damage caused to the front cover from the staples behind it, but I'm not sure how they treat an actual puncture.

There is also a tiny 1/16" tear on the top of the back cover that is very tough to see in the scan.

Square bound books are my nemesis! This one seems to have a slight roll, but I'm not sure how badly CGC would knock it for that, 8.5/9.0 unless that's a tear on the spine about two inches from the top visible on the BC scan.

CGC is extremely lenient with the spines on squarebound books.

They are glued and not stapled together and as the glue dries and shrinks the paper could get all twisted (as in the case of this book).

The staple also popping through the cover is caused by the way these books are produced. The interiors are stapled together about 1/4th of an inch from the edge which is cut and then glued to the cover. I have seen may a 9.4 with a staple popping all the way through the cover.

I would say because of the accumulation of other small defects it could be a solid 9.0 assuming the paper on the spine is not torn but just laying down weird.