• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #1 opinion

29 posts in this topic

I'm thinking just shy of $1.2K sounds fair...

That is unrealistically low for a Stan Sig copy.

There are TONS of Stan Lee sig copies...

value will erode downward...

CAL who sold most of Stan Lee sigs..

Eh I think I disagree with that. Stan might sign everything under the sun, but the guy is 90. I've heard a lot of talk the he may be retiring soon. That should drive the price up considerably.

Eh I think I disagree with that. Stan might sign everything under the sun, but the guy is 90. I've heard a lot of talk the he may be retiring soon. That should drive the price up considerably.

Let me say it this way:

When Desert Comics arranges for the Stan Lee signings, Lee signs OVER 400 books per pop. Count that 400 times the DOZENS of sig sessions, and you have oversaturation of product. I had 5 ASM 62's myself at one time, and managed to sell them all, and with each sale, the price was lower than the previous one.

CAL who sold when they were hot...

Let me say it this way:

When Desert Comics arranges for the Stan Lee signings, Lee signs OVER 400 books per pop. Count that 400 times the DOZENS of sig sessions, and you have oversaturation of product. I had 5 ASM 62's myself at one time, and managed to sell them all, and with each sale, the price was lower than the previous one.

Be that as it may, Stan doesn't sign 400 copies of ASM1 per pop. Not all books are created equally.

Let me say it this way:

Be that as it may, Stan doesn't sign 400 copies of ASM1 per pop. Not all books are created equally.

Nor does he sign all 400 in the SS series. People get all kind of signed by Stan Lee.

Let me say it this way:

Actually a few times I've looked on ebay for a certain book, just to see what they are being listed for, and I've noticed slabbed copies "without" Stan's signature were more rare (just in that ebay search). It does seem like a lot of people are getting books signed, just to sell them with a hopeful price bump. I'm too lazy to go to ebay and search under cgc stan lee, but I bet there would be hundreds of results. My thought is, he has signed too many books for them all to maintain a premium.

Let me say it this way:

Actually a few times I've looked on ebay for a certain book, just to see what they are being listed for, and I've noticed slabbed copies "without" Stan's signature were more rare (just in that ebay search). It does seem like a lot of people are getting books signed, just to sell them with a hopeful price bump. I'm too lazy to go to ebay and search under cgc stan lee, but I bet there would be hundreds of results. My thought is, he has signed too many books for them all to maintain a premium.

You are right. There is 600+ books when you search CGC Stan Lee Signature. However, a lot of those are junk. Try and find Signature Series ASM 1 copies. There isn't a lot.

Stan signs a lot of stuff, but not all of it is Silver Age books.