• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery on two pages in each board in the 70s...

45 posts in this topic

Eelco commented me that his splash of Defenders #17 was also drawn in a single board. Check out his CAF gallery for a larger image:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=857162&GSub=2888

Notice that it's written "July" at the top when the issue has November cover date.

Lettering was done in a different board. Notice also the note at the margin about it.

I could find this kind of practice from Defenders #13 (May, 1974) till #17 (Nov, 1974).

buscemasaldefenders17p3.jpg

I've seen a page from Marvel Team Up #23 Human Torch & Ice Man by Gil Kane that was a single page on a single board, so am not sure if for certain pages the art was doubled up or not, and the pages back in the 1970's had dialogue on 'em too.

Yep, those are exactly the pages I am thinking.

Plus pull up Issue 139, the page where the Grizzly has Spider-Man by the foot.

Think that is the last one.

Well, Ferran and I speculated what pages were the two on one board for the Amazing Spider-Man.

My remember was still solid back in 2012. (thumbs u

asm_139_pg13_14_zpsqtqcf0ip.jpg

This page was recently posted to comicartfans and is not mine. Posted only to illustrate another example.

mtu%2023_zps4xgfuuvc.jpg

MTU 23 Pages 14 & 15

wow, is that 'equinox' in the bottom right corner ? i remember reading a spider-man comic with him as the villain when i was a kid, but i dont think your art was from that story ?

i do remember these :

O4K8uQk.jpg

PRgcgUu.jpg

oLdwqoT.jpg

g89bHqT.jpg