• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

9.9's with spine stresses

8 posts in this topic

Just curious to see if anyone has seen this before, or if they have an example. I have a book with no visible flaws, and all corners razor sharp, but it has a tiny stress mark (2 mm) on back. It's a busy back (multi-colored), not one, obvious, solid color. You really have to look for it. I've submitted several 9.9's, but they had white covers, and hid a stress mark on 2 of them. I know you're allowed a single minor defect, but this is a color breaking stress mark, even though extremely minute. Thoughts/examples?

A color break is a color break, I would expect a 9.8 on those. If you get a 9.9 I would do this. :whee:

No doubt. It's amazing what a mm sized defect can do to the value of a book. Especially, when I had no doubts of it being a 9.9 otherwise. :sorry:

Just curious to see if anyone has seen this before, or if they have an example. I have a book with no visible flaws, and all corners razor sharp, but it has a tiny stress mark (2 mm) on back. It's a busy back (multi-colored), not one, obvious, solid color. You really have to look for it. I've submitted several 9.9's, but they had white covers, and hid a stress mark on 2 of them. I know you're allowed a single minor defect, but this is a color breaking stress mark, even though extremely minute. Thoughts/examples?

I suggest take photos from the book you submitted, compare it to all the other Adventurers 1 Skeleton Cover you have submitted that came back in 9.8-9.9, and go from there. Nobody has a better library to compare against than you.

:baiting:

I suggest take photos from the book you submitted, compare it to all the other Adventurers 1 Skeleton Cover you have submitted that came back in 9.8-9.9, and go from there. Nobody has a better library to compare against than you.

:baiting:

:headbang: I'm good at the 9.8 thing, it's the 9.9 thing I'd love to master. I have come to the conclusion the book will be the finest 9.8 around, but won't be a 9.9. Still, I'd love to see if someone has an example of a 9.9 with a CbSs.