• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The moderns are taking over!!

28 posts in this topic

You will never thin it down to "investment potential" !! The age of new ideology is upon us !! Everywhere you look, every class of people, every creed, nationality, race, and grouping are seeing the wave of newness !! The new thinking is upon us ! The new world order ! Old things are slipping away, and the fantastic expansion of new thought is being spoken and written about in careless abandon !! Creativity will guide humanity ! New world thinking is about to become dominant !! The old will pass away and be ushered into museums.... the new will be devoured, absorbed, and put into the general consciousness !! Its time to create !! Its time to guide !! Its time to listen !!

Ahem... ok... well, thats my opinion :grin::popcorn:

Send me some of what you are smoking, please.

You will never thin it down to "investment potential" !! The age of new ideology is upon us !! Everywhere you look, every class of people, every creed, nationality, race, and grouping are seeing the wave of newness !! The new thinking is upon us ! The new world order ! Old things are slipping away, and the fantastic expansion of new thought is being spoken and written about in careless abandon !! Creativity will guide humanity ! New world thinking is about to become dominant !! The old will pass away and be ushered into museums.... the new will be devoured, absorbed, and put into the general consciousness !! Its time to create !! Its time to guide !! Its time to listen !!

I know you won't be able to say "You were right " for at least ten years ..... but why wait so long? Go ahead and take the plunge. Embrace the risk. Alter your course. Or become a curator. :popcorn:

I know you won't be able to say "You were right " for at least ten years ..... but why wait so long? Go ahead and take the plunge. Embrace the risk. Alter your course. Or become a curator. :popcorn:

Is Oregon one of the states that legalized? If not, stay indoors for at least a few hours Broseph.

What`s the deal here? Why are so many people dropping moderns? hm

Is it the price or the terrible reboots we keep getting?

For me it was simply I find the superheroes much more interesting in animation,movies and videogames now.Hollywood does a better job now than the people who write the comics for Marvel and DC(especially DC).

I also really find spending $3.99 to $2.99 to be a 15 minute rip-off compared to other forms of entertainment,and when I do read a comic it`s on my Kindle Fire or Ipad for a much cheaper cover price.

The price is a factor. Not that I can't afford 20 moderns at $4 a pop, but when I think of the $4 reader copy of some awesome BA mag I could have had, or when I pick up my pull list of six titles and think of a neat TPB I could have had, it makes me think. I do like a handful of new comics, and there's more I never get around to reading that I would like, but I think I'm going to become a trade waiter, and lots of older stuff has my attention right now.

With Hellblazer ending, I will no longer have any new issues to pick up... :sorry:

Once it ends, I'll be down to Walking Dead (Although I'm starting to get a little bored with it), Revival and All New X-Men.

All 3 via Comixology, although I do get 9.8 Revivals from Dre's service and have been picking up the All-New X-Men variants.

18 months ago, I was at about 30 books per month, plus variants.

I don't miss the books I've dropped. In fact I'm now happier to have about $100 extra each month to put towards high grade bronze and copper goodness.

Is Oregon one of the states that legalized?

No, they're not, but its all over the place. And if I smoked it could obscure my vision and I might not see the wave. KOWABUNGA !!

Also I didn't mention this since most people here like their comics in the classic format, but since someone mentioned reading in a tablet I also have one suggestion: Drop everything and start reading it in Collected Editions.

Way better in terms of price (with the discounts), they look better on the shelf, easily readable, tons of extras and each book has a complete story (most books at least have).

I haven't looked back since I made the switch, and don't forget, you can always still buy back issues...

Right or wrong, I get two conclusions from this thread...

- Fans and consumers of stories adapt to all options available, and there's more options today than ever before.

- Those archiving monthlies constantly make hard choices, and they're getting harder. With prices and warehousing topping the concerns.