• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FOR JOANNA - a bakers dozen of pretty WW's

30 posts in this topic

Seriously -- those are stunning copies. I used to have all those issues, and love all of those books. I never had anything close to their condition, though. Man, just gorgeous!!!!

You are a kind man for posting those. Thank you.

-- Joanna

Again, thanks for posting from your archives Burnt!

But tell me, as a young teenage boy, what the hell were you doing collecting these back then? Were you just buying them to collect? Were you a completionist, or were you actually reading them?

I know WW would have been one of the last books I would have bought of the shelves back then. Of course I have a greater appreciation now, but I'm talking about the mid '60s.

Again, thanks for posting from your archives Burnt!

But tell me, as a young teenage boy, what the hell were you doing collecting these back then? Were you just buying them to collect? Were you a completionist, or were you actually reading them?

I know WW would have been one of the last books I would have bought of the shelves back then. Of course I have a greater appreciation now, but I'm talking about the mid '60s.

not sure how i settled in on certain titles, but since WW only had her book and JLA to appear in and was one of the only comic superheroes to survive through the GA to SA intact (along with the 2 big boys), i guess it just seemed like the thing to do. i did read every comic i bought and considered WW to be just about the silliest thing going on. i'm not even sure they ever satisfactorily explained how the whole Wonder Family finally stopped being "Impossible stories".....

in fact, when i purchased my first copy of Jerry Bails' AlterEgo in 1961(with major contributions by a young Roy Thomas and Ron Foss), WW "won" the first Alley Award for Worst comic of the year. something which i think she did for a number of years thereafter, as well).

i hate to say it, but all she really needed was the Marvel treatment, back then. grin.gif

Seriously -- those are stunning copies. I used to have all those issues, and love all of those books. I never had anything close to their condition, though. Man, just gorgeous!!!!

You are a kind man for posting those. Thank you.

-- Joanna

Yeah - i knew you'd love 'em - and, of course, i'll marry you.............. grin.gif