• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sig Series Reholder...

24 posts in this topic

Must be, like, his first slab. Gotta be unfamiliar with how they should look.

It's either this or a relatively common scam on ebay where the buyer says there's something wrong and will ask for a partial refund. Were I in your shoes, I'd assure him that nothing is wrong by linking him to this discussion and letting him know that CGC's case is very tamper-evident. I'd also cover the customer service side and offer a full refund upon return of the slab. No partial refunds, though.

Normally, I would cover return shipping if the item was not as described or damaged, but I would ask the buyer to cover return shipping if it was buyer's remorse. In this case, I don't think you're at fault, but I'd bite the bullet and just cover the shipping. Finally, block him from buying from your ebay auctions in the future. My 2c

Wow. I have received many slabs single boxed from many boardies here (with no damage to the slab), and never had a box come to be in that bad a shape. :o

Btw, you could've black boxed your address before you posted the pic...

No worries. I don't live there anymore.

Sidd,

The grainy photos from the buyer do seem to show something out of the ordinary with the slab edges. When and how it happened is the mystery. Sounds like you are going to accept it back and get it reholdered yourself. Let us know how it looks to you once its back in your hands

Update:

I wrote to the buyer and shared with him the info from this thread. He apologized and said he jumped the gun, he owns 3 slabs including this one and said he noticed similar imperfections in his other 2 upon closer inspection. So it's all well and good now :) thanks to everyone for your opinions and help!