• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sig Series Reholder...

24 posts in this topic

Just sold a SS book on ebay a week ago that I had just received back from CGC. Received good feedback, etc. etc. Now, 3 days after delivery, the guy writes back the following:

"I just got finished inspecting the case. Right now im pretty upset. I paid in full not for a cgc cracked open /tampered comic book."

Why he didn't realize this initially is a little fishy to me... but I digress. Anyway, my question is, how fussy do they get with reholders? I know on the site it says "Reholder service is for a... holder that has not been opened or had its seals broken. " From his initial description, it sounds like that is exactly what has happened here. I asked for pics and a more descriptive explanation of the issue, which I am waiting for. I just really don't wanna resubmit and get green labeled :/

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

If you did not ship it double boxed, it could easily have gotten cracked in shipment. How was it shipped?

I have had the experience of one Ebay seller shipping a slab to me in a plain manila envelope doh!

[font:Book Antiqua]+ 1[/font]

i've dealt with many people on the boards for slabs. i've never gotten a double boxed package. i do however get bubblewrapped slabs and they've never been cracked.

on one occasion i've received a boxed slab then it being placed in two priority mail envelopes and that slab was cracked really bad.

as for the fishiness of the response, i don't feel like someone would crack a slab to try and get money back. no one wants to resend it to cgc to scam you out of a couple bucks. it seems like a huge waste of time.

I have received a number of cracked slabs in the past. That is why I ship all my slabs double boxed to avoid any problem or waste of time and money. Using a USPS 1092 box inside a 1095 box just gets in at two pounds. I have received from other boardies packed this way.

Here's why I dont trust single boxes at the USPS

DSCN0900.jpg

Wow. I have received many slabs single boxed from many boardies here (with no damage to the slab), and never had a box come to be in that bad a shape. :o

Btw, you could've black boxed your address before you posted the pic...

Just sold a SS book on ebay a week ago that I had just received back from CGC. Received good feedback, etc. etc. Now, 3 days after delivery, the guy writes back the following:

"I just got finished inspecting the case. Right now im pretty upset. I paid in full not for a cgc cracked open /tampered comic book."

Why he didn't realize this initially is a little fishy to me... but I digress. Anyway, my question is, how fussy do they get with reholders? I know on the site it says "Reholder service is for a... holder that has not been opened or had its seals broken. " From his initial description, it sounds like that is exactly what has happened here. I asked for pics and a more descriptive explanation of the issue, which I am waiting for. I just really don't wanna resubmit and get green labeled :/

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

I'd be suspicious of someone that left you positive feedback, no apparent issues, then three days later this comes up.

I call foul.

Had it happen to me before too.

I've offered to replace the slabs, and they say "well, how about you send me the money instead."

Sure.

Get right on that.

What is the ebay buyer id? This happens to be a scam that has been on going. I know there was a thread about this somewhere and Darrell F was one of the people involved in the scam. Anyone else remember this? They guy changed all of his pics to dog private parts before he was banned?

Just sold a SS book on ebay a week ago that I had just received back from CGC. Received good feedback, etc. etc. Now, 3 days after delivery.....

I'd be suspicious of someone that left you positive feedback, no apparent issues, then three days later this comes up.

I call foul.

+1.

I know that when I first started using eBay I could sometimes leave feedback prior to fully inspecting the product I received... but anyone who's made more than 1 or 2 purchases knows to inspect prior to leaving positive feedback.

Frankly, I reckon it's a foul. If you receive a slab the first thing you're going to do is examine it. Both sides. Corners. Edges. The whole kit and kaboodle.

What is the ebay buyer id? This happens to be a scam that has been on going. I know there was a thread about this somewhere and Darrell F was one of the people involved in the scam. Anyone else remember this? They guy changed all of his pics to dog private parts before he was banned?

Really?? This was only the buyers second auction win, so now I'm extra suspicious. I feel like they shouldn't have a leg to stand on if they've already left feedback, BUT eBay heavily favors buyers in disputes...

For those who've asked, I ship slabs double boxed in USPS priority boxes. (Can't remember the exact box numbers, but they were recommended in a thread I found on here).

If it is a legit complaint, I just wasn't sure if a broken seal would invalidate the signature. Cuz that'd be lame.

Really?? This was only the buyers second auction win, so now I'm extra suspicious. I feel like they shouldn't have a leg to stand on if they've already left feedback, BUT eBay heavily favors buyers in disputes...

For those who've asked, I ship slabs double boxed in USPS priority boxes. (Can't remember the exact box numbers, but they were recommended in a thread I found on here).

If it is a legit complaint, I just wasn't sure if a broken seal would invalidate the signature. Cuz that'd be lame.

Don't offer him anything before he gives you clear pictures of what is up.

Then feel it out, if it still doesn't feel right offer a full refund upon the item being returned to you.

Reslab it later on yourself. As long as it hasn't been removed from the slab you are okay to get it reholdered and yellow labelled again.

Just received these pics... and this is what he said:

"The comic looks like it has been pryed open on all the corners/release slots to open the case mainly the center right side where it is sealed."

comparing it to another slab, I'm struggling to see any issue with it. But then my eyes sort of get biased towards noticing something wrong, so if I look at any picture long enough I start to see something...

S1040012_zpsfd773e9c.jpg

S1040011_zps2cb831d6.jpg

rightsidetop_zpsc5987012.jpg

This is the pic he is referring to when he says "mainly the center right side "

rightsidecenter_zps40ce4219.jpg

rightsidebottom_zpse7021b0d.jpg

leftsidetop_zps1dcf6854.jpg

leftsidebottom_zps1d158e96.jpg