• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eternal Warrior #1 Gold Variant Cover 9.8 CGC label error...

11 posts in this topic

Yes, that is a CGC 9.8 EW #1 Gold Embossed (does not have cover price), which CGC has always called "Gold Edition".

There are 48 CGC 9.8 EW #1 Gold Embossed ("Gold Edition") on the CGC census, plus this one, which is mislabeled.

The "Gold Variant Cover" is the EW #1 Gold Flat (has cover price).

There are only 10 CGC 9.8 EW #1 Gold Flat ("Gold Variant Cover") on the CGC census, and 1 of them is the wrong book.

It's possible that others of the 9 are also mislabeled.

http://cgcdata.com/cgc/customissues.asp?title=Eternal+Warrior&issuestart=1&issueend=1&yearstart=1992&yearend=1992

The prices are significantly different. Around $500 vs. around $125.

The GPAnalysis average would be screwed up by this "sale" for the wrong book for $118, but thankfully, GPA has the $118 sale under the "Gold Cover", not the "Gold Variant Cover".

The only GPA-recorded auction for a CGC 9.8 EW #1 Gold Flat "Gold Variant Cover" was in 2006 for $535.

The sale from 2011 was a "buy-it-now" for $150 that the seller definitely listed too low.

\

The GPAnalysis average would be screwed up by this "sale" for the wrong book for $118, but thankfully, GPA has the $118 sale under the "Gold Cover", not the "Gold Variant Cover".

:whistle:

I didn't want to assume, but I suspected. lol

Here are mine for reference:

Embossed:

EternalWarrior1GoldEmbossedCGC98-1.jpg

Flat:

EternalWarrior1GoldCGC94-1.jpg

These two are now right, but they used to be wrong. They were graded 5+ years ago but I had them fixed within the last couple years. From my notes on the my VH1 Master Set galllery thread:

5/19/2011: Had some books reholdered to fix registry and label errors.

Harbinger Files #2 CGC 9.8

Harbinger TPB Bluebird CGC 9.6

Eternal Warrior #1 Gold Embossed CGC 9.8

Eternal Warrior #1 Gold Flat CGC 9.4

So, indeed, both these copies were wrong in the past.