• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade my Special Marvel Edition 15 - BIG scans

13 posts in this topic

Wondering what your thoughts are on this. I bought it as one grade but I'm thinking it's something different. If you want to point out anything specific that jumps out at you, I'd appreciate it. Thanks for looking....

Front Cover:

Spec_Marv_Ed_front.jpg

Back Cover:

Spec_Marv_Ed_back.jpg

Those are some nice big scans. Black covers tend too show every little defect. Still a very nice book, minor spine roll and all. Im in the 9.0 range, 9.2 isnt unheard of either. Nice pick up...

What are the spots around the edge margins in the back cover?

If they are just regular schmutz and not greasy fingerprints or soiling, there is no reason why this book couldn't get a 9.2.

8.0 - those stains on the back cover don't look wonderbreadable! 893whatthe.gif Particularly at the BEBC and REBC. Any kind of spine roll is big deduction - see OCGG. Corners aren't as sharp, as they could be, but maybe it's because the scans won't even fit in my garage! insane.gif

But, it IS a jet black cover, 893scratchchin-thumb.gif and I don't see a lot of fading or creasing - nice book. thumbsup2.gif

Maybe an 8.5 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

8.0 - those stains on the back cover don't look wonderbreadable! 893whatthe.gif Particularly at the BEBC and REBC. Any kind of spine roll is big deduction - see OCGG. Corners aren't as sharp, as they could be, but maybe it's because the scans won't even fit in my garage! insane.gif

But, it IS a jet black cover, 893scratchchin-thumb.gif and I don't see a lot of fading or creasing - nice book. thumbsup2.gif

I don't see any spine roll. What I see is a slight spine "bulging" from stacking the book (if it was stored flat). Not enough to downgrade the book below 9.2 IMO.

I don't see any spine roll. What I see is a slight spine "bulging" from stacking the book (if it was stored flat). Not enough to downgrade the book below 9.2 IMO.

I believe you're right about that, I was going on Mike's representation. foreheadslap.gif