• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Grading - A UK Boardie Question

6 posts in this topic

I currently have between 25-50 comics (nothing spectacular - just Tot, Revival, PP, Bedlam, Batman, Hawkeye etc.)that I want to get CGC'd and would appreciate any advice from UK boardies on the most cost effective method for submitting these to CGC i.e. CGC internet partners / self route.

I am also struggling to calculate an effective postage service, as Royal Mail are quoting over £120 to ship to the US(approx 5kg)

Any help would be appreciated!!

I only ever ship in multiples of ten, this makes return shipping the most cost effective. (Approx $80 / £50 for 10 books)

As for outgoing post, I use Royal Mail International signed for. 10 books (With a lot of packaging) comes in at about £24

Not including my CGC membership cost, 10 books will total around £190.

You could always check with Nick (Flaming Telepath). In the past, he's announced when Comicana have been doing bulk submissions and invited other boardies to share in the bulk postage.

wonder if you could turn them over to CGC in london Con ?

fairly certain cgc won't be there...

but you might be able to submit to one of the dealers or facilitators and take advantage of some group shipping.

Thanks for the replies.

London isn't listed on the official site under events, although, I did notice , via one of their affiliate dealer websites, that some sort of Cgc rep may be attendance, as he is offering a Ss service.

In the first instance, I may just DIY and post directly to cgc

This is all my fault,Easton - still, welcome to the game!

:sorry:

Pm me and I'll sort it for you.