• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signed by Lantern Light

38 posts in this topic

Best of luck on this quest! The only GL book I have gotten signed so far is the druggie Speedy cover. I've got a really nice # 80 that I'm thinking about SS'ing next year and have most of the 100 - 200 run just sitting around raw but they are not my top priority this year. Maybe I'll follow your lead next year :)

It was interesting bidding on the tripple signed 144. I had to remind myself of all the costs that go into getting a SS book slabbed. Between the cost of submittal ($35+5 service fee), then the extra $10 per sig... we're already at $60, and thats without fast tracking (another $10) and shipping (about $15) and that doesnt even consider the cost of the original book and the shipping to get it in the hands of the facilitator... that all adds up to.... $85-90 bucks to "create" a similar book (yeah I know the service fee is just per invoice, so do more than one book). So while it wasnt a "cheap" book, the tripple sig made it at least a decent buy, and a great add to the collection.

Im going to go ahead and post a scan from the sales listing (one of the better sales scans, no bad cropping!)

JlL3N.jpg

Ironically I thought about getting this book signed by Perez last year at Dragoncon, and just a few months later I'll have a copy with the added bonus of Staton and Wolfman.

I also love having Wolfman and Perez sigs on the same book. I love Crisis on Infinite Earths so much as a kid (and to this day).... I do think at some point I should try to get a Perez "artist" signature on one of the remaining ones I dont have...

book came in today. And got a PM from the seller, somewhereintexas, who is also present here on the boards...

Sooo happy with this one. The yellow background really makes the color pop!

I don't know what your resources are like, but I'm pretty sure you're submitting at ECC

so here's a few odds and ends you might be interested in

Green Lantern 196 Howard Chaykin cover

Green Lantern 162-164 Charlie Adlard Covers

Green Lantern 176-181 Brandon Peterson Covers/ Marz Story

I don't know what your resources are like, but I'm pretty sure you're submitting at ECC

so here's a few odds and ends you might be interested in

Green Lantern 196 Howard Chaykin cover

Green Lantern 162-164 Charlie Adlard Covers

Green Lantern 176-181 Brandon Peterson Covers/ Marz Story

Thanks Revat, yeah ECC has a ton of Green Lantern related ops.

My priority is:

1. A Denny O'Neil/Neal Adams book... still cant decide which one.

2. An O'Neil/Grell book, likely going for a Green Lantern #100 with Sauveik added

3. Adding Marz & Willingham to my Green Lantern v3 #48 (have Banks on it)

4. Mike Mignola on Action 614

s3Who.png

I'm more of a Hal Jordan fan than Rayner or the others, so most of those books you mentioned don't fit my immediate interests...

if I had more funds I'd also be going after:

Kurt Busiek (Green Lantern Annual 3) I love the Green Lantern Corps stories

Bill Willingham (Tales of GLC Annual #2)

Ron Marz on Green Lantern #49 & 100 (Hal Jordan version)

James Robinson & Marz on GLC Quarterly #7

jG9Mp.png

If there's a con down the road with Marz and Banks at the same place I'll definitely get a GL #100 (v3) Hal Jordan cover signed....

I have a feeling that ECC and NYCC will be the two big signature cons for me this year.... and the rest of the time I'll be licking my wounds.

that mignola will be exciting.

that mignola will be exciting.

YEah I thought it would be unique, but I just saw someones MySlabbedComics page and they had a CGC 9.8 Miggy signed Action 614...

So I'm not the first one to think of this...

still he's an icon in modern comics, and to get his sig on a lantern book is awesome.

Well I sent off three books for signatures at Emerald City.

duGS7Ym.jpg

Green Lantern #86 9.0/9.2 for Neal Adams and Denny O'Neil signatures.

Green Lantern #100 VF/NM for Denny O'Neil, Mike Grell and Alex Sauviek signatures.

Green Lantern (v3) #48 for the addition of Ron Marz & Bill Willingham to Darryl Banks.

I chose the #86 because I thought it had good space for signatures (over the faces), and there were fewer SS of these books vs almost every other Adams/O'Neil book from their run. The iconic drug use story only makes it better.

The #100 is the nice triple of Denny, Grell and Sauviek. Grell did the cover after doing interiors for the post-Adams era, and Sauviek was one of the longer term pencilers on GL, getting them all on one book was a no brainer.

Finally adding Marz and Willingham to my already signed Banks book made sense. Kyle Raynor's first appearance, and part of the iconic downfall of Hal Jordan all in one book.

Paid for fast-track, so we'll see how fast that is.

Thought ECC was a great chance to get some tripple sigs, and fill my "Neal/Denny" need all at once. Now to refill the coifers in time for NYCC. I know my #1 for that show will not be Green Lantern, but as many ASM creators (Lee, Romita, etc) as possible on my ASM #700 variant. Beyond that, adding guys like Gibbons, Pollard and others to their Green Lantern books will be key.

Well I still sit by the mailbox awaiting the arrival of my ECC subbed books (fast track)...

In the mean time I've secured a SS Green Lantern 76.

Was originally planning on buying a Universal, but Hibou came along in response to my WTB thread with such a nice book at a nice price I couldnt say no!

When it arrives, it will quickly go at the front of my sig line, and I'll post it here as well.

Its just signed by Neal (no Denny), but Im thrilled with a nice 5.0 of the 76 cause my wallet cant afford much more!

Here's my latest acquisition.

Thanks to hibou for a great book and a great price.

I was bidding on a 4.0 SS being sold by another board member, so one way or another I was going to get an affordable 76!

124fYDZ.jpg

Not a signature, but a nice quick headsketch by modern Green Lantern artist Ethan Van Sciver.

Saw it sitting on ebay for way less than it should have so I threw it a bid and won. Glad to have modern Green Lantern represented in my signature group, especially since EVS is THE lantern artist since I came back to comics in the 2000s.

mFkd6Gw.jpg

Those are some good looking books you have there, although I have a focus on Red Lanterns, I still appericate others G.L. Books and have a few of my own to boot, thank you for sharing woith us and maybe the Lantern be with you on your goals.

Those are some good looking books you have there, although I have a focus on Red Lanterns, I still appreciated others G.L. Books and have a few of my own to boot, thank you for sharing with us and maybe the Lantern be with you on your goals.

Yes I can tell the Rage is strong in you RULK!

some more books coming later tonight....

two books came in from Emerald City thanks to the facilitation of Rich Henn (and the hardest working team in SS)

First up is my dual sig beauty. I wanted to have a high-ish grade Denny/Neal book from their historic run on Green Lantern.

Bought this here on the boards as a 9.0/9.2, and low and behold it was a 9.2

4evbibT.jpg

I'm very happy with my sig placement if I do say so myself. Sigs are understated, not overwhelming the awesomeness of the book itself.

And here's my other Emerald City SS book

A 9.6 triple signed Green Lantern #100

Denny, Alex and Mike all on the same book.

I hear a few of these got signed, so Im sure mine isnt unique, but its mine!

This (at the moment) is my only Grell or Saviuk signature.

ZPAO6F9.jpg

Very happy that this came in a 9.6

Bought it off ebay as a VF/NM, the seller actually sent me a lesser grade book (not the one in the scan of the listing) and eventually got him to send the right one. Gave it a little press-a-roo and voila 9.6

OK, now the great Gil Kane passed away in 2000, before SS.

He did a few Dynamic Forces signings, but I've had no luck finding one in auction for the last year (there's one BIN, but has been sitting at $200 forever, and the marker was drying out during the signing so the sig is spotty).

Bid agressively on this one last night wanting to have my own Gil Kane signed book. It was really appealing in that it was a HUGE signature, on a relatively iconic (or at least timeless) cover and that white back cover is tempting me to get more signatures on it.

p9RKtf5.jpgsBxvnDK.jpg

So now I just have my fingers crossed that the seller will package and ship the book correctly. Apparently this copy was the property of Walt Davis, who had and continues to be a vendor/artist at cons around the country (this was part of a storage unit buyout).

I could imagine getting the other Green Lantern Artists... Neal Adams, Mike Grell, Alex Saviuk, Ethan VanSciver, Dave Gibbons etc (whomever was at that particular con) to sign the back and then subbing it for SS