• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

two zero one three...

3 posts in this topic

Mayans, Horses, Mike Grell, and me...

If the end of the world does not come to pass as the week comes to a close, then I shall enjoy my Friday and weekend at the quiet retreat that is Mike's house, and ranch. Weather permitting, I may even go for a ride upon one of the many fine horses - of course if the world does come to an end, I intend to be there for the ample food (elk, yum!), spring water, and friends backing up to the Olympic National Forest...and the horses will get ridden as part of our continuing survival.

After that, as 2013 dawns, I guess I'd better get prepared for the 2013 collecting goals - although they will continue to be an extension of my 2012 goals. More DC science fiction - focused on Strange Adventures and early Mystery in Space issues. More go-go checks - just because they are pretty. And maybe, just maybe some more 50's Batman, Wonder Woman or Superman - but probably not - just for budget reasons.

I have concluded that my budget just isn't going to support really high grade copies of 50's Strange Adventures if I am going to be a completionist - so it looks like 7.5 & 8.0 may just be my best friends there.

I do think I will pursue a couple more signature series books - partly because Neil Adams, Chris Claremont & Denny O'Neil will be at EMCC - and those are signatures I would be happy to have.

Oh - and most importantly - I plan to read a lot of journals, so please keep writing.

Happy Hunting!

Lee K

See more journals by Lee K