• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
39 39

11,732 posts in this topic

Black Panther #1 @ $23 & 27 bids.

hm

Oh, stop this, please. As much as I love Jack Kirby and the Panther, this is one of the most irrelevant #1 issues as far as the Panther goes. The initial storyline is weak, and things get good when Jack starts the Vibranium storyline, involving the Wakanda royal family – it makes no sense for this issue to go up in value… just because it‘s a #1. :(

:gossip: The market would seem to disagree with you

The market is like a run away train. I just report on what I see. :gossip:

Black Panther #1 @ $23 & 27 bids.

hm

Oh, stop this, please. As much as I love Jack Kirby and the Panther, this is one of the most irrelevant #1 issues as far as the Panther goes. The initial storyline is weak, and things get good when Jack starts the Vibranium storyline, involving the Wakanda royal family – it makes no sense for this issue to go up in value… just because it‘s a #1. :(

:gossip: The market would seem to disagree with you

From what I know of Claudio, I don't think this was directed at you Whet - just how the market is reacting to this book.

From what I know of Claudio, I don't think this was directed at you Whet - just how the market is reacting to this book.

Right, I did not even think about Whetteon, I was just commenting on how this book is selling.

The first time I really don’t care about it, as I have it, but it’s really an irrelevant #1. The King Solomon frog? Ugh, give me a break. :P

That's a surprise! I just dug out my BFs and I've got a very nice copy. Might be going to Ebay! Any others in this series doing anything? Was I correct in seeing somewhere that the Joker's daughter is reappearing in new comics?

I accidentally posted this in the Modern forums but it seems more appropriate here -

What's going on with ASM 202 CGC 9.8? It just sold for over $1100 last night! Seems really, really high.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321210595356?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

K.

That has to be a mistake. It's a $31 to $50 book in 9.6. 22X multiple of a 9.6? The buyer was either drunk or something fishy is going on.

I accidentally posted this in the Modern forums but it seems more appropriate here -

What's going on with ASM 202 CGC 9.8? It just sold for over $1100 last night! Seems really, really high.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321210595356?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

K.

Not a key, no first appearances...I don't get it either (shrug)

Amazing Spider-Man #100 Fine/Very Fine @ $46 & 26 bids.

Werewolf by Night #32 Fine @ $56 & 24 bids.

Werewolf By Night #15 VF+ @ $26 & 14 bids.

Batman Family #6 G/VG @ $28 & 3 bids + 23 watchers.

Amazing Adventures #11 NM @ $58 & 7 bids + 21 watchers.

DC 100 Page Super Spectacular #5 Love Stories VG @ $80 @ 2 bids.

Edited by whetteon

K.

For whatever reason, that book is very scarce in 9.8 compared to other ASM issues from the same era.

ASM #201 86 9.8s in the census.

ASM #202 15 9.8s in the census.

ASM #203 44 9.8s in the census.

ASM #204 41 9.8s in the census.

(I'm not saying that justifies the price. But it's not an easy book to find in 9.8.)

K.

For whatever reason, that book is very scarce in 9.8 compared to other ASM issues from the same era.

(I'm not saying that justifies the price. But it's not an easy book to find in 9.8.)

It's a tough book to find in 9.8 due to the back cover ad, same as Daredevil 163. Looks to be a couple bidders looking to complete there run. I remember the run up on my Spidy 173 9.8 a few years ago. A couple big set collectors ran the price up on each other.

K.

That has to be a mistake. It's a $31 to $50 book in 9.6. 22X multiple of a 9.6? The buyer was either drunk or something fishy is going on.

Buyers! It takes two to crazy tango...that said, wow...insane money + buyer's remorse? :shrug:

K.

It's a tough book to find in 9.8 due to the back cover ad, same as Daredevil 163. Looks to be a couple bidders looking to complete there run. I remember the run up on my Spidy 173 9.8 a few years ago. A couple big set collectors ran the price up on each other.

Just try to find a nice 173 35 cent price variant!

Batman is not right now, I guess. That being said, I think we are starting to finally see a new big gap up in late BA and CA books now. Hopefully it continues.....

I'm happy for Dan, but I bought a much better copy just today at my LCS for $10. :cloud9:

Batman is not right now, I guess. That being said, I think we are starting to finally see a new big gap up in late BA and CA books now. Hopefully it continues.....

I'm happy for Dan, but I bought a much better copy just today at my LCS for $10. :cloud9:

more like one crazed bidder who wanted the book and another one who bid it up to punish him