• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
39 39

11,726 posts in this topic

Call me crazy but I'm starting to believe the rumors of Coulson from the TV show SHIELD may eventually evolve into the Vision based on the last couple episodes. Wouldn't surprise me if he has a cameo in the GotG movie and one of the soul gems nails him straight in the forehead and he discovers powers he didn't previously realize. The actor has shown an already robotic performance. Could be wooden acting though....

If so, Avengers 57 and 134-135 will be highly sought after.

Jim

Call me crazy but I'm starting to believe the rumors of Coulson from the TV show SHIELD may eventually evolve into the Vision based on the last couple episodes. Wouldn't surprise me if he has a cameo in the GotG movie and one of the soul gems nails him straight in the forehead and he discovers powers he didn't previously realize. The actor has shown an already robotic performance. Could be wooden acting though....

If so, Avengers 57 and 134-135 will be highly sought after.

Jim

So will Coulson's first appearance too...Iron Man/Hulk/Fury one-shot

of course most of these "hot" books aren't available anywhere in high grade condition, all the dealers are hoarding them. I have had a WTB thread on and off for 6 months and just can't find some of these books :taptaptap: anywhere (c-link, heritage, mycomicshop, feebay, etc.)

I see Avengers 181 and MP 47 heating up real soon now.

But who really cares about the first appearance of Scott Lang? I know about movie hype, but this is getting pretty lame when the original Antman/Hank Pym gets ignored.

And I'm far from jealous or whatever, as being a hardcore Byrne collector, I have piles of this stuff.

I see Avengers 181 and MP 47 heating up real soon now.

But who really cares about the first appearance of Scott Lang? I know about movie hype, but this is getting pretty lame when the original Antman/Hank Pym gets ignored.

And I'm far from jealous or whatever, as being a hardcore Byrne collector, I have piles of this stuff.

You answered your own question. Movie Hype. The person who buys Avengers 181 or Marvel Premiere 47 isnt the type of guy who is going to shell out big bucks for a TTA 27. It's an affordable first appearance of a character that they're basing a movie on. Not a bad pick-up in my opinion.

I personally like Scott Lang as Ant-Man so I was hyped but I am more of a Bronze/copper person just because that is what I grew up with. I always associate Henry as yellowjacket.

Wow - seriously? I guess I'm just a traditionalist. Whatever costume Hank Pym put on, he was always Antman to me. (shrug)

I personally like Scott Lang as Ant-Man so I was hyped but I am more of a Bronze/copper person just because that is what I grew up with. I always associate Henry as yellowjacket.

Wow - seriously? I guess I'm just a traditionalist. Whatever costume Hank Pym put on, he was always Antman to me. (shrug)

And Pym was also Antman during the BA, like in the Avengers Ultron issues.

144081.jpg.d05255a0ccc3f362a4e88514cdd492e3.jpg

I agree, Pym will always be Ant-Man to me, but I can see why some others like the Scott Lang version. I just picked up a MP47 to go with my TTA27, I like to have all my bases covered. lol

And Pym was also Antman during the BA, like in the Avengers Ultron issues.

Nice 35 cent price variant you have there (thumbs u