• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the price - Batman #1

76 posts in this topic

Well Comiclink has scooped everyone by annoucing they will have a 9.0 Batman #1 available soon.

Anyone want to guess the price on this baby?

This is certainly one of the best books that has been publicly available

since CGC started. I think it is much better than the Mile High More Fun #s 52 & 53, or Captain America #1, or even the Allentown Detective #38.

Just a great book

bat1.jpg

Wowzer.... 893whatthe.gif...any idea as to who the present owner is???... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It had to be sitting in some geezer's vault,..it's been graded (or re-graded at least) within the last year....beautiful book!!!

Well Comiclink has scooped everyone by annoucing they will have the only 9.0 Batman #1 available soon.

since CGC started. I think it is much better than the Mile High More Fun #s 52 & 53, or Captain America #1, or even the Allentown Detective #38.

Just a great book

bat1.jpg

$300,000 confused-smiley-013.gif

All I could do was stare when I opened the link. It's a really nice looking copy even beyond the number. It's sure to cause a commotion.

The price will be interesting. I think $250,000-$300,000 would be "fair."

If JP were pricing it, $500,000...

All I could do was stare when I opened the link. It's a really nice looking copy even beyond the number. It's sure to cause a commotion.

The price will be interesting. I think $250,000-$300,000 would be "fair."

If JP were pricing it, $500,000...

foreheadslap.gifI can see JP going and buying the issue in the above range only to immeadiately list it on his site for $500,000

That really is a tremendous, tremendous book and I agree that this is probably "the" bigggest book on the market since the advent of CGC. Really unbelieveable.

Do you think $300K is realistic? I believe that the Allentown Cap went for around there, but I also believe that was a 9.6.

That really is a killer copy . . .

Well Comiclink has scooped everyone by annoucing they will have the only 9.0 Batman #1 available soon.

Just a great book

No way is it better than the Allentown CA #1, which was a 9.6. I believe that went for $265K a few years back.

My guess is $300K if JP jumps in.

No way is it better than the Allentown CA #1, which was a 9.6. I believe that went for $265K a few years back

I guess it is a personal choice, but if I was offered this book or the Cap #1 - I would pick this one in a heartbeat. Wouldn't even have to think twice about it.

With so many high grade Batmans for auction all at once, could this saturate the market for high grade Batmans? There are only so many Batman collectors that can pay the kind of price that these will command. There must be reserves on these books...or there could be some deals to be had (relatively speaking compared to what an isolated/ occasional Batman 9.4 goes for at auction.) Amazing books...Provenance? History behind this collection?

No way is it better than the Allentown CA #1, which was a 9.6. I believe that went for $265K a few years back

I guess it is a personal choice, but if I was offered this book or the Cap #1 - I would pick this one in a heartbeat. Wouldn't even have to think twice about it.

You know the GA market much better than I do. Do you think there are better copies of Batman 1 out there? If you think it's really the best in existence, then I guess it becomes a much closer call although I still lean towards Cap #1, because it's the first Cap, whereas this is "merely" the first Batman in his own book.

The Denver copy would get a purple label, and I believe the Mile High would also,

so that knocks two possible better ones out of the way.

This is a very tough book in high grade - much tougher than Cap #1 (even though it's a very common book, kind of like the situation with Superman #1).

Second most important super-hero of all time (or first according to some collectors), in the first issue of his own series - which is all new stories unlike Superman #1, plus the first appearance of the of the #1 villan of all time, and the first appearance of the Cat(woman).

Killer book.

If you think it's really the best in existence, then I guess it becomes a much closer call although I still lean towards Cap #1, because it's the first Cap, whereas this is "merely" the first Batman in his own book.

1st Joker and Catwoman have got to count for something thumbsup2.gif

As does the fact that this title is STILL ongoing.