• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Think This ebay seller is dead wrong!

179 posts in this topic

I was offended at the your buying the book not the holder. I bet when a seller lists a defect like a huge scratch on a holder, it ends up going for less. And for all of you that decide what topics should be posted here and what are not worthy...EAT ME!!!!

I was offended at the your buying the book not the holder. I bet when a seller lists a defect like a huge scratch on a holder, it ends up going for less. And for all of you that decide what topics should be posted here and what are not worthy...EAT ME!!!!
show us the photo from the auction or link

"If you are not satisfied, please return the book. Once I receive it I will credit you a refund. You can send it to CGC for $11 for a reholder. You are buying the book not the holder."

What a lame thing for the seller to say. He is refusing to take responsibility for the fact that he did not disclose the scratches on the slab. He's the one in the wrong. And yeah, people have legitimate reasons to want to know in advance whether the holder is in decent shape, rather than finding out after they've purchased and received the item.

"If you are not satisfied, please return the book. Once I receive it I will credit you a refund. You can send it to CGC for $11 for a reholder. You are buying the book not the holder."

What a lame thing for the seller to say. He is refusing to take responsibility for the fact that he did not disclose the scratches on the slab. He's the one in the wrong. And yeah, people have legitimate reasons to want to know in advance whether the holder is in decent shape, rather than finding out after they've purchased and received the item.

It's not lame if that's his belief. Some people pay no heed to CGC's product, and ultimately think you're buying the book that just happens to have CGC's opinion on the grade wrapped around it. For some that's wrong, but for others it's bang on correct. A lot of people buy graded books and crack them out straight away.

Now if the seller had said that and only that without saying ""If you are not satisfied, please return the book. Once I receive it I will credit you a refund." first then yes it may be lame, but he's only adding his opinion onto the end and he's well within his rights to do so.

I would post a :popcorn:

But aren't we all supposed to be dead shortly?

It's 23.40 in New Zealand - 15 minutes will tell us all if some wierd planet/aliens/war/disease will kill us all.

I'm going for 'no'.

But thats just me.

Post away if you have died in the apocalypse. (thumbs u

People say that around here all the time. It's like the mantra of half us boardies. And he's not refusing to take responsibility. Half of his short message is offering a refund. :shrug:

(worship) awesome!!!

I would think you are buying the case and the book. However if it was a cheaper book and I planned on keeping it in my PC I would likely just keep it, not worth the hassel. I would just ask the seller to refund $11 for the resub fee.

(worship) awesome!!!

It's Friday!!! :whee:

I am more on the side of the seller on this one. It's a sad day that the condition of the slab matters as much as that of the book. I do understand why you wouldn't want the book b/c of the slab, but shouldn't it be about the book only? At least, he is taking it back.

I'm a fan of a 100% return policy. But I also find myself scratching my head on threads like this. Is the case so important? I can understand if it's broken enough that people might not want to buy to for fear of tampering. But a scratch or a scuff? That's CGC fetish territory.

Agreed on both. Good god, it's a freaking plastic case.

I think that comic sellers on eBay should be as forthcoming about their items as possible, including the condition of the slab on a graded comic. Leave it up to the person who is thinking about buying the item to decide how much certain details matter to them.
Like have the slab graded?

Careful, you might give them ideas on their next revenue stream.

Lastly, I think you're right about being annoyed the case was damaged.

People pay multiples of 9.8 for a 9.9 or a 10. No one should pretend the case doesn't matter.

For clarification, I don't own a 9.9 or 10 book, nor do I personally see the value in spending the additional funds.

I have a GA book I was thinking of selling, because the holder is too big for my comic boxes AND it didn't fit in the CGC Mylite 2's I had purchased from Hotflips (to protect my slabs)....then I saw a scratch on the holder and I figured, not only is the darned thing too wide, but now I have to decide if I want to reholder it, or just describe it with a scratch...KNOWING that even though it's only a 3.5, someone is going to not want the book because the holder has a scratch...

I think it got the scratch before I bought it...but I didn't care because it's probably a $400 book in good...but that was before these threads...

So now, not only do I have to worry about the books getting a crease, a bend or a mutilation, I am all worried about the holders that prevent me from reading them.

*sigh*

Maybe CGC should just start making Granite cases:)

If they'd do that and you could order specific colors, I could order ones that match my kitchen countertops and I could use them as cutting boards

Practical holders:) doh!

Lastly, I think you're right about being annoyed the case was damaged.

People pay multiples of 9.8 for a 9.9 or a 10. No one should pretend the case doesn't matter.

For clarification, I don't own a 9.9 or 10 book, nor do I personally see the value in spending the additional funds.

Don't confuse label chasing (grade) with plastic case/presentation OCD.

OCD can manifest itself in various ways that don't impact the book or grade:

1. scratch

2. top label falling off

3. visibile microchamber paper

4. hair in case

5. comiclink labels or other stickers

6. irregular seal width, no broken posts

7. mylar/cover smoosh which gives the appearance of water in the case

8. boogers or other foreign unidentified material on outer plastic

9. wavy or floating labels in case

10 fill in your own # 10

I was offended by you not showing the photo or auction. :baiting: