• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Think This ebay seller is dead wrong!

179 posts in this topic

"If you are not satisfied, please return the book. Once I receive it I will credit you a refund. You can send it to CGC for $11 for a reholder. You are buying the book not the holder."

What a lame thing for the seller to say. He is refusing to take responsibility for the fact that he did not disclose the scratches on the slab. He's the one in the wrong. And yeah, people have legitimate reasons to want to know in advance whether the holder is in decent shape, rather than finding out after they've purchased and received the item.

People say that around here all the time. It's like the mantra of half us boardies. And he's not refusing to take responsibility. Half of his short message is offering a refund. :shrug:

Yes, he is offering a refund, but he is still refusing to take responsibility for his lack of disclosure.

People here say that as part of their mantra but it is not in the context of a financial transaction in which disclosure of what is being purchased is essential.

Yep, every time they say it, it's in reference to a transaction. That's what the whole "buy" part of it is about.

Usually when I've heard it on the boards, it has been in reference to the grade. "Buy the book not the grade."

Jeez, you're totally right!! doh!

"If you are not satisfied, please return the book. Once I receive it I will credit you a refund. You can send it to CGC for $11 for a reholder. You are buying the book not the holder."

What a lame thing for the seller to say. He is refusing to take responsibility for the fact that he did not disclose the scratches on the slab. He's the one in the wrong. And yeah, people have legitimate reasons to want to know in advance whether the holder is in decent shape, rather than finding out after they've purchased and received the item.

People say that around here all the time. It's like the mantra of half us boardies. And he's not refusing to take responsibility. Half of his short message is offering a refund. :shrug:

Yes, he is offering a refund, but he is still refusing to take responsibility for his lack of disclosure.

People here say that as part of their mantra but it is not in the context of a financial transaction in which disclosure of what is being purchased is essential.

Yep, every time they say it, it's in reference to a transaction. That's what the whole "buy" part of it is about.

Usually when I've heard it on the boards, it has been in reference to the grade. "Buy the book not the grade."

Jeez, you're totally right!! doh!

'Buy the book, not the label'. But in this instance it sort of does apply.

Nope, it's not lame. If I receive a slab with a scratch on I couldn't give a dog's because ultimately it will be cracked out and the plastic bits will go in the bin. I bought the book, I don't care about the slab. Many other people feel exactly the same.

It's still lame because not everybody buys and cracks like you do. Unless the seller is completely new to the hobby, he knows that. And it's lame because it's false: The buyer is buying everything that is advertised, which is the book and the holder. Therefore the buyer deserves to know details pertinent to the transaction.

So the listing was lame for not mentioning the scratch, not his comment? I can agree with that.

The comment is lame in terms of how a seller responds when a buyer points out a defect that was not disclosed in the item description. The seller responded with his personal opinion about what a comic-book purchaser ought to, or ought not to, care about, treating that personal opinion as if it is a universal when it isn't. Now, I can understand being on the seller's end of the transaction and being frustrated, especially if the scratch was miniscule. But even then, the seller should have edited himself from saying something that is false. Anyway, it's just a momentary annoyance and since the seller is offering a refund, I don't see any point in arguing further over the comment's degree of "lameness."

Nope, it's not lame. If I receive a slab with a scratch on I couldn't give a dog's because ultimately it will be cracked out and the plastic bits will go in the bin. I bought the book, I don't care about the slab. Many other people feel exactly the same.

It's still lame because not everybody buys and cracks like you do. Unless the seller is completely new to the hobby, he knows that. And it's lame because it's false: The buyer is buying everything that is advertised, which is the book and the holder. Therefore the buyer deserves to know details pertinent to the transaction.

So the listing was lame for not mentioning the scratch, not his comment? I can agree with that.

The comment is lame in terms of how a seller responds when a buyer points out a defect that was not disclosed in the item description. The seller responded with his personal opinion about what a comic-book purchaser ought to, or ought not to, care about, treating that personal opinion as if it is a universal when it isn't. Now, I can understand being on the seller's end of the transaction and being frustrated, especially if the scratch was miniscule. But even then, the seller should have edited himself from saying something that is false. Anyway, it's just a momentary annoyance and since the seller is offering a refund, I don't see any point in arguing further over the comment's degree of "lameness."

lol

I was posting this just to show that the seller telling me that I am buying the book and not the holder was just wrong to say. And for all of you that say "he is offering you a refund so this is lame" well how about this, I am paying $13 for the return shipping that he will not give me back and he will not give me the reholder cost either if i want to send it back to cgc. This is what he stated to me in his next message. So the fact that I have to be out any money at all because he did not disclose the problem with the holder, makes him dead wrong!!!

I was posting this just to show that the seller telling me that I am buying the book and not the holder was just wrong to say. And for all of you that say "he is offering you a refund so this is lame" well how about this, I am paying $13 for the return shipping that he will not give me back and he will not give me the reholder cost either if i want to send it back to cgc. This is what he stated to me in his next message. So the fact that I have to be out any money at all because he did not disclose the problem with the holder, makes him dead wrong!!!

133057.jpg

I say the so called scratches are in the photos. That is disclosure. You missed it. Ofcourse if you post a link I could be proved wrong :foryou:

Just decided to google "worst scratched CGC cases"

here are some of the best images I saw... apparently someone sold off some reeeeeeeeallllly scratched slabs in a mycomicshop auction a while back, cause they had a dozen slabs in this condition...

IbuVH.png

If you're 13 or under, I'm on your side. Otherwise...

lol

47831.gif

sweating-laughing-smiley-face-WYq7Fa.jpg