• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 goals? How did you fare?

122 posts in this topic

Hey guys

I have done a google search and am pretty sure this has not been posted already.

What are your 2013 comic goals?

As far as collecting I would like to grab a Hulk 180 in 9.8, some 9.6 Adam's Bats and GL and some anticommnuist/nazi/atomic war covers. On the reading side I want to read all of bone and and expand my knowledge of some of the marvel story lines.

I also really dig history so would like to read SOTI and at least three more books on the history of comics or particular artists. If any one has some suggested reads in this area I would love to hear them. Either documents from a period like SOTI or histories.

Sincerely

Jake

My collecting goals are pretty simple.

Batman #244 in CGC 9.4.

As many of the New 52 Batman sketch variants as I can afford raw.

ASB&R #8 RRP raw.

TDK #1 RRP raw.

30 Days of Night #1 CGC 9.8.

I'll leave Batman #227 until 2014.

Reading wise I may go through some Image stuff and see what all the fuss is about (Revival hasn't really done anything for me). Read the whole Preacher run again. Read Hellblazer. Read some Hulk stuff.

Ive obtained some nice books over that past few years only to flip, lose interest or whatever, hard to call myself a collector. Maybe a short term collector, but far from one who burries a book away from the rest of the world. Well I'd like to try and land a copy of Punch 12 in a unrestored state and possibly keep it and go from there and begin to "collect" comic books. Its a tough one to land, but I'm in no rush to become a collector.

Ive obtained some nice books over that past few years only to flip, lose interest or whatever, hard to call myself a collector. Maybe a short term collector, but far from one who burries a book away from the rest of the world. Well I'd like to try and land a copy of Punch 12 in a unrestored state and possibly keep it and go from there and begin to "collect" comic books. Its a tough one to land, but I'm in no rush to become a collector.

I can relate. I enjoy the hunt more than the hold.

As usual, I have no real focus and just react to what I see.

I would however like to get back to work on my DC runs that I am nearing completion on, Showcase, Mystery in Space, My Greatest Adventure, Superboy to name a few.

Away from DC, its all about Atlas man.

Lastly possibly a few Yellow slabs :wishluck:

I also need to get rid of the rest of my drek, to make room for the good stuff. :)

Now I just need to get some money to make it all happen hm

I'm becoming quite disinterested in collecting comics, so continuing all the way through next year will be the big challenge.

A page of Infantino SA Flash art with Flash in action, in costume, all the trimmings. :luhv:

I've been getting bored of collecting comics. Lately I've been trying my hand at the Marvel SA keys, but they're pretty easy and not terribly fun either. I'll probably finish them to have done it, but they might not stay with me forever.

I will obtain a Fantastic Four #1 3.0-4.0 this year( Be on the lookout Mr. Whitelock). (thumbs u

To keep pounding away at my want list.

There are so many great books out there,very hard to stay focused.I just have to keep telling myself to stay on my path,and resist temptation.

WTB a Journey into Mystery 83 or a Tales of Suspense 39 to complete my collection of all major Marvel character 1st appearances SA and later.

Read 1000+ comics again in 2013.

Continue working on completing my ASM and UXM run.