• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book jigsaw puzzles

136 posts in this topic

Today's spotlight is on Archie! And there are two bonus puzzles at the end.

Life With Archie 70

Archie Comics Digest 1

Archie Comics 70 partial

Pep Comics double

A special request:

Action Comics 332 & 367 double

And for any coin guys who like puzzles, here's one for you:

For the coin guys

No coin puzzles today, back to comics. Today we're saluting the colorful covers of Adventure Comics, home of Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes! And just for fun, today we have two doubles, instead of one.

Adventure Comics 312

Adventure 276 partial

Adventure Comics 272 & 328 double

Adventure Comics 307 & 317 double

Enjoy!

In an effort to be fair to Marvel fans, today's focus is another of their characters: Thor. So put down mjolnar and have fun doing a puzzle or two!

Thor started in Journey Into Mystery (I think), but a lot later than the first issue. Still, it's important to know one's roots. So here's the very first issue of JiM.

Journey Into Mystery 1

Now here he is in all his mighty glory:

Journey Into Mystery 94

Journey Into Mystery 89 partial

Journey Into Mystery 83 & 90 double

Journey Into Mystery 95 & 96 double

And a little bonus:

This is Thor?

In an effort to be fair to Marvel fans

Say it isn't so! You've crossed a barrier that you may regret! frown.gif

BTW, is there a feature if which you could make the pieces smaller so the puzzle could fit on your screen better? confused.gif

BTW, is there a feature if which you could make the pieces smaller so the puzzle could fit on your screen better?

At the top of the screen is a pull down menu marked "difficulty". The higher the difficulty, the smaller the pieces.

What I do is put the frame together, stick the frame toward the top, left, then use the "move" tool to sweep the pieces to the right side. The move tool won't move any pieces that are stuck together, so your frame will remain in place. This gives you a clear puzzle area inside the frame. For the vertical puzzle, all the pieces can be laid out easily to the right. Bigger puzzles take more maneuvering.

-- Joanna

Today it's a salute to cover artist Brian Bolland. And because it's me doing the puzzles, the subject is Wonder Woman. I loved his work on this title and want to share some of his wonderful covers. So here you go:

Wonder Woman 88

Wonder Woman 90

Wonder Woman 87 partial

Wonder Woman 94 & 95 double

Wonder Woman 96 & 97 double

And just for fun, here's a paste-up of a whole buncha covers:

A whole buncha Brian Bolland Wonder Woman covers

I've got bad news. My puzzle program has self-destructed. I can't make any puzzles any more. I have a friend, who also has the program, making a couple for me, but I won't be able to ask her to do this daily. I'll post her puzzles when I get them. She doesn't know anything about comics, so i told her to go to my website and just grab the images of books I've scanned for ebay. We'll see what happens.

-- Joanna

First my apologies for taking so long to get back to this: I've been working nonstop for over a week and haven't been to the forum for a long time.

Update on the puzzle problem: my jigsawmaker is still broken, but the manufacturer is looking into it. Apparently, they've never seen the problems I'm having. Meanwhile, my friend (who also has the program) is also experiencing quite a few difficulties, and can't send any puzzles. So right now, we're flat out of luck, both of us.

GP, you asked about the program. I found it on Shockwave's site, but I wouldn't recommend buying it until they work out all these bugs. Right now, it's a useless program.

-- Joanna

Mrs. Donut and the Donut Hole both hope that the jigsaw puzzle maker feels better soon! They're reduced to doing toddler puzzles and staring with longing at daddy's new Conan 1 from Greggy (boy is it BEEEEE-YOOOTIFUL!)

Tell Mrs. Donut and Donut Hole that there is a daily puzzle at Shockwave. There is also one at DLTK.

Neither ever have comic books, but they're still fun. (The Shockwave puzzle today is ultra-hard).

I have not given up on my jigsawmaker yet. Neither has Shockwave. We're in detailed talks now, and their programers have my case. They're also working on the bigger problem that no one can send a puzzle right now. The latter is why I'm telling everyone to hold off on buying. They really need to work out a lot of bugs in this program. When they do that, it's worth a buy. But not right now. I'll keep you aprised, so that you guys can get your puzzlemakers as soon as everything is fixed.

One last note: there is a deal at Shockwave where you can sign up for gaming (it varies in price on how long you sign up for, from $9.95 a month to about $60 a year). This includes 50 puzzles a month. So that's another option.

There is another puzzle machine out there made by Jim Collins, and his puzzles can be found at Modern Maturity and his home page Smoke & Mirrors. They're not bad.

There are actually tons of puzzles and puzzle programs on the web. But my favorite has always been Shockwave/Article 19.

-- Joanna