• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book jigsaw puzzles

136 posts in this topic

The Mrs. Donut difficult puzzle is a mind-bender. Definitely wait until you have time. And it might even help to walk away from it for a bit, and come back. Forget the clock (or put it on pause). This isn't about time, it's about seeing if you have what it takes to finish it.

-- Joanna

Since the buzz today is centering around the new Signature auction, I figured today's puzzles will highlight someone's want list. Since murph posted his Cap links, his want list are today's puzzles. If you want your favorites to be the theme subject of a puzzle day, post the links (try to limit it to 8 books).

And now, some golden Captain America comics:

Captain America 26

Captain America 36

Captain America 39

Captain America 53

Captain America 9 & 10 (double)

Enjoy!

-- Joanna

I just spent the last couple of hours watching "About A Boy" on DVD. YEEHAA!!!! The machine came (took the pony express, I think) and I was in the mood for that film. First of all -- wow! DVD really is an amazing picture. Not that I hadn't seen them at friends' houses, but it's different when it's in your own living room. As for the film, I loved it. Hugh Grant really does a great job, as does the kid. Just a really good film.

Okay, onto puzzles (did anyone notice I didn't post any yesterday? If so, sorry -- I was working on some auction stuff). Today's theme is... well, it's lame. Brenda Starr, All Star, All-Flash -- I'm just playing off the last word of each title. Nice covers, though. Here you go:

Brenda Starr 14

All Star 55

All Star 15

All-Flash 2 & 17 (double)

That's it. Lame theme, good puzzles. Enjoy!

-- Joanna

Okay, today's puzzles have an element of mystery in them. They're not full covers. Nope, what I've done is taken a piece of a cover, and it's your job to guess the issue. The answer appears at the end, under the finished image. I haven't tried this before, so I'm not sure if the title shows up earlier, so if it does, well, no mystery, but should be fun anyway. I've tried to use a variety of comics, characters and sources. Some should be easy, others difficult, but hopefully, you'll have some fun. Okay, here we go:

Puzzle #1

puzzle #2

puzzle #3

puzzle #4

puzzle #5

puzzle #6

puzzle #7

puzzle #8

Okay, feel free to randomly pick the puzzles you want to try, and if you want to, post how many cover bits you guessed right. The one who gets the most right, gets to pick the featured character/title in tomorrow's puzzles.

-- Joanna

Joanna,

Thanks a lot for all the puzzles! I really liked the side-by-side one you did

for me last weekend. Could I get you to make a last one? I made two

smaller pictures for you and two hires ones for those who wants to see the

actual covers. If you're too busy, just forget it.

(I scanned these while watching the news this morning - wasn't in the mood

to go to work).

These books were both file copies, although I bought them independently.

The top one supposedly once belonged in Bob Overstreet's collection. Like

many of the MM Mag file copies, it is missing one or two interior pages (the

story I was told was that the editors wanted copies of the ad pages(?));

otherwise very beautiful. The high grade combined with missing pages is

almost as certain evidence of a file copy as the inscription on the front

cover (there are other ways to spot file earlier copies which makes

collecting them more interesting - will try to show examples of that later).

The second copy is complete and was among the high quality set sold at

Sotheby's in 1994.

mmv41a2.jpg

mmv41b2.jpg

mmv41a.jpg

mmv41b.jpg

Joanna, You're finally revealing yourself as a closet Marvel Zombie!!

Yes, that's why I'm only selling the DCs. I must hold onto my extensive Marvel collection (actually, I do have some Marvels, but they're all 90's stuff. I collected a range of books in my day, always looking for series and characters that I'd like. That meant that although the vast majority was DC, there were some independants, Marvels, Image, Valiant, etc.).

As for puzzles, I know that most of people here are Marvel guys, so I can't just put up my beloved DCs. I figure that if I keep puting up a variety, from different publishers to different ages, then everyone has a shot at getting their own favorites one day. That's why I ask for people to give suggestions, too.

Speaking of suggestions...

Double Mickey