• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OT: Official DOOM 3 Hardware Guide posted

10 posts in this topic

No problem for that game

P4 2.8 Gig

1 Gig Ram

9800 XT

40 gig hard drive

I just played it last night on my box. AMD 64 3200+, 15k SCSI, 1.5 GB ram, ATI 9800XT and it was ok at 1024, but when I bumped it up to "ultra" it looked like a slideshow. I run UT 2004 at 1600X1200 with all options turned on including anti-aliasing, and don't have any problems.

Doom 3 isn't what I'd call "optimized", and it has a very "half-life" feel to it.

2 hours ago, thomasmappbe said:

Thank you for sharing this helpful article!

Are there hot single girls in my area just waiting to meet me? 

I couldn't load the article.

Doom 3 was an attempt at atmospheric survival horror rather than the classic Ultimate Doom slugfest, which the latest game thankfully reverted to.  Nonetheless, a very good game, and even the original X-Box version looked amazing for the time.

Basically Dead Space's evolution in reverse, which was a classic survival horror experience to begin with, changing to more third-person shooter action in the last game in the series.