• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Harbinger #1

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

Just received this today. It was advertised as being NM/M, but upon closer inspection, I found torn staples, a NCB indent in the upper left corner on the front cover, split spine in three locations, and some strange paper bump/rough area right above the car door handle (you can just make it out in the scan).

The spine splits are a printing defect, from what I've read. But still... NM/M? I don't see how.

I'm really considering returning it depending on what grade you think this is. I paid around $25 for it.

Thanks for your input.

(To see bigger pictures, click on the image and select "actions" on the upper left, then "view all sizes" from within Flickr.)

8304131677_04b03ca315_b.jpg

Harbinger 1 1991 by isiTrue, on Flickr

8304131563_bb16b2e875_b.jpg

harbinger 1 1991 back cover by isiTrue, on Flickr

Alright, thanks for the opinions. I had a feeling it would have a hard time breaking the NM barrier.

Toyman, is that a 7.5 even with CGC disregarding the tears as a printing defect? Personally, I put the book at a round an 8.5/9.0 taking this point into account.

You really need to take the book out of the bag, and make sure that you don't crop the book off in your pictures/scans.

Yeah, normally I would, but I didn't want to handle it since it was most likely going back. The bag didn't affect the look of the book in any way, so I kept it as it was.

The back of the book was the picture that the seller gave me. I used it since I didn't take the book out.

Anyway, the book is being sent back. Thanks everyone.