• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,847 posts in this topic

Not Ebay but what the heck is going on with this CC auction for Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends #1 :o

Already at $101 with 3 days to go ???

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=538091

A 9.6 sold for $70 in March according to GPA.

Time for me to sell my slabbed 9.8, I guess.

I can hear the bidders, ">GASP< A Spider-Man comic- and it's a #1! That gotta be a worth a brazillion dollars."

1st app of Firestorm

Ahem, Fire-Star. ;)

You heard it here first!

Not Ebay but what the heck is going on with this CC auction for Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends #1 :o

I can hear the bidders, ">GASP< A Spider-Man comic- and it's a #1! That gotta be a worth a brazillion dollars."

1st app of Firestorm

Ahem, Fire-Star. ;)

You heard it here first!

:golfclap:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Amazing-Spider-Man-300-May-1988-Marvel-/141299913552?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20e6219350

So did ASM 300 get really hot yesterday? Odd result given that slabbed 9.4s seem to be going for only $30-$50 more. Don't you have to kind of take him at his word that it is no better than a 9.0? this isn't taking a chance on a $5 book.

1st app of Firestorm

Ahem, Fire-Star. ;)

You heard it here first!

:golfclap:

I win the internet today!!!

:whee:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Amazing-Spider-Man-300-May-1988-Marvel-/141299913552?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20e6219350

So did ASM 300 get really hot yesterday? Odd result given that slabbed 9.4s seem to be going for only $30-$50 more. Don't you have to kind of take him at his word that it is no better than a 9.0? this isn't taking a chance on a $5 book.

I think this is just a case of someone who wants a nice book but doesn't collect cgc. A lot of more popular coppers go for a somewhat silly price compared to what you can get a graded copy for, but some collectors are just not interested in slabs.

A few more Coppers heating up:

UXM #283

Marvels #1

UXM #318 (DC)

GA #1

Amazing price on the Green Arrow #1 all things considered. I wondered if the TV series has made the character relevant again so I checked MCS to see what they were buying & selling it at. Shocking that they are out of stock on the book with the late 80s print runs, although they are only buying them at $1.50. It's one of the first books I invested heavily in so I hope it takes off, to this point getting cover price would be nice.

UXM #283

Marvels #1

UXM #318 (DC)

GA #1

Amazing price on the Green Arrow #1 all things considered. I wondered if the TV series has made the character relevant again so I checked MCS to see what they were buying & selling it at. Shocking that they are out of stock on the book with the late 80s print runs, although they are only buying them at $1.50. It's one of the first books I invested heavily in so I hope it takes off, to this point getting cover price would be nice.

GA sells pretty briskly in HG (and like you say, probably due to the TV show); GA TPBs (particularly out-of-print ones) are also selling well.

1st app of Firestorm

Ahem, Fire-Star. ;)

You heard it here first!

And I think her likeness was used on the back of a TPB. Gotta be what's driving up prices.

(:

UXM #283

Marvels #1

UXM #318 (DC)

GA #1

GA sells pretty briskly in HG (and like you say, probably due to the TV show); GA TPBs (particularly out-of-print ones) are also selling well.

Last couple of times I was in my LCS all I heard was got any Green Arrow?

Several times on Free Comic Book Day. That TV show has spanned a new collector base.

I'm surprised that Green Arrow would go that high, I've seen so many of them in $1 bins...

I would think the new Arrow #1 would go for more, first appearance John Diggle. He seems to be pretty popular.

UXM #283

Thats :insane: I can't even sell my NM copies in the sales thread (shrug) maybe time to move it to feebay

Along with ASM 300, this is another of the very few books I speculated on. My ship may have finally come in on this one too. lol

I'm surprised that Green Arrow would go that high, I've seen so many of them in $1 bins...

What you may see in a 1$ bin comes nowhere near a copy like this one. :sumo:lol

UXM #283

Thats :insane: I can't even sell my NM copies in the sales thread (shrug) maybe time to move it to feebay

Along with ASM 300, this is another of the very few books I speculated on. My ship may have finally come in on this one too. lol

You've been ripping on copper books for 12 years. Nice to see you come over to the dark side.

UXM #283

You've been ripping on copper books for 12 years. Nice to see you come over to the dark side.

I don't rip on Copper books, just Moderns. IMO, anything after 1990-91 isn't a comic book anymore, but an overpriced mini-TPB.