• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jla 1 cgc 9.2 $35K ???!!!!!!!!!!

52 posts in this topic

I like the JLA but for a number one issue that cover is just plain silly.

$35K, no thank you.

NO WAY!!

That cover is clasic Murphy Anderson,...how can you not like that?? 893frustrated.gif

gossip.gif SS is a Marvel Zombie.

I was not the BUYER of the 9.2 copy on Heritage, if that's what you're thinking...

Nope, I didn't think it was you; I knew that price was more than you or I would pay.

The graemlin was relating to me considering the purchase...YEAH, RIGHT!!

Rick

You should have sold the house for the 9.4! mad.gif

How 'bout I sell YOUR house instead. Or maybe that should read "your Mother's house." shocked.gif

Besides, I'll just wait for a few more 9.4's to pop up...then I'll get one cheap! laugh.gif

Rick

You'll be an old bitter poker dealer by the time you can afford one! Wait a minute....you can afford one now! makepoint.gif

Bitter?! Old?!

Why you blanketty-blank so & so!!! I'll give you what for...as soon as I can get up out of my Lazy-Boy. Dagnabbit, someone help me out of this dang, blasted thing!

Consarn it, all you young whipper-snappers with your high-fallootin' smart talk!

(Is Pov' going to be offended by any of this? Ah, screw 'im)

Rick

From the email, it sounded like both changed hands and will not be on Comiclink. To be honest, I never thought they would actually be listed, why else would they have been in this "preview" mode for so long?

I know I shouldnt be surprised at these numbers, since more recent and numerous Marvels have been selling for bigger numbers for years now... but these recent 9.4 DC sales are staggering and sudden, like out of the blue sales cause there havent been any sales (or comparable books) yet to surface. Theres been no run-up to these levels have there??

DCs are cool? confused-smiley-013.gif

Okay... I'll bite. What's the theoretical breakdown between the two books? $50-60,000 for the JLA #1 and $65-75,000 for the Flash 105?

Good question. I wouldn't pay $125K combined for these two, but working with that number, my personal proportional allocation would result in $85K Flash 105 and $40K JLA 1. I just don't think JLA 1 should go for that much relatively speaking, because there are 2 9.4 copies and at least 3 9.2 copies already in existence. It's very hard to find in HG but not impossible.

so the silverdc keys in 9.4 are finally catching up and well, in this case, surpassing the silver marvel keys

I think they're surpassing Marvels now. Assuming that $75K to $85K of the total price was allocated to the Flash 105, which is not even the first appearance of Flash, it is now more expensive than any 9.4 Marvel except for AF 15, FF 1 and IH 1. That's serious nosebleed territory for little ol' DCs.

these recent 9.4 DC sales are staggering and sudden, like out of the blue sales cause there havent been any sales (or comparable books) yet to surface. Theres been no run-up to these levels have there??

There's been a sort of run-up. The April Heritage auctions featured a 9.2 JLA 1, which went for $27,600, and a 9.2 Flash 105 which went for $29,900. These represented pretty huge jumps over the highest prices previously reported for these 2 books in this grade.

If you use those prices as a benchmark and double them to get a 9.4 valuation, then a 9.4 JLA 1 would be $55,200 and a 9.4 Flash 105 would be $59,800, which comes out to $115,000. So the $125K price, if real, represents a further premium on top of that. Scary.

so the silverdc keys in 9.4 are finally catching up and well, in this case, surpassing the silver marvel keys

I think they're surpassing Marvels now. Assuming that $75K to $85K of the total price was allocated to the Flash 105, which is not even the first appearance of Flash, it is now more expensive than any 9.4 Marvel except for AF 15, FF 1 and IH 1. That's serious nosebleed territory for little ol' DCs.

Do people think these kind of sales will start to flush lots more copies out, and get collectors slabbing their DC's?

Because clearly the CGC money has pretty much all been in Marvel until now, so the incentive was not there to slab DC's en masse. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Do people think these kind of sales will start to flush lots more copies out, and get collectors slabbing their DC's?

Because clearly the CGC money has pretty much all been in Marvel until now, so the incentive was not there to slab DC's en masse. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sure, high prices will always cause more copies to come out to the market. The long-time collector who would never have considered parting with his raw NM JLA 1 for $10,000 starts thinking differently when it's $50,000+. That there's real money! I was not surprised at all that the 9.4 Flash 105 and JLA 1 appeared after the record breaking prices paid for the 9.2 copies at Heritage.

I expect this trend to continue. Ultimately, however, the quantities of HG slabbed copies, at least amongst the pre-1964 SA DCs, will never reach Marvel-like numbers, because in my opinion the supply of high grade copies is simply not as high as it is for Marvel.

The long-time collector who would never have considered parting with his raw NM JLA 1 for $10,000 starts thinking differently when it's $50,000+. That there's real money!

Please adopt me. 893scratchchin-thumb.giftongue.gifthumbsup2.gif

I don't know if DCs are, on the whole, surpassing Marvels. I think it's a case of there being fewer submitted and the die hard DC collectors are just like the Marvel collectors in that they're willing to pony up when the books become available. Most HG DC collectors I know have their own collections and they have no interest selling now or at any time during the near future. I've been getting more and more into DCs as I've been looking for something different -- although I love Marvels, I feel less and less attached to the company -- their history means less because right now Marvel is just destroying their company, so my love of the Marvel characters is down right now. I've been enjoying DC lately, so I've decided to redirect my efforts towards aquiring those books -- and it's been a lot tougher than I thought.

I'm amazed by this sale though.