• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling my books

45 posts in this topic

I have read so many threads here about members selling their books. The "I became disconnected", or "after awhile I did not care anymore", or "I guess I really did not want them any more". Well :censored: that! I have been selling my books and it sucks!!! It is depressing, and I really do not ever want to do this again... Every book leads to sellers remorse, and I have no choice.. So to the guys thinking of doing this, think hard. It is really no fun. :cry:

Jeez, sorry you're still struggling with this, Pat. Rest assured the Avengers #4 you sold me a couple years ago is in a loving home.

:foryou: I'll tell it you said, 'hi' :foryou:

I liked that book. And yes, the closer I get the more unprepared I feel.

I just sold another 25 books this morning. That's 55 Actions under #100 this month. :eek:

I had better go shopping before my wife decides to.

Half of me is disappointed that I did not have the opportunity to make an offer...

The other half of me (one that says to buy a house) is glad that that half did not have the opportunity to make an offer...

I had plans to list them today. An offer I couldn't refuse was made this morning on all 25 books. :sorry:

Buying a house is a better choice. Action war issues can be aquired on a regular basis. As a matter of fact, I will let you know if I see a nice one come up FS.

True... I need to downsize more. It is a toss up between the island and paying ridiculous taxes, having a yard and a 1 1/2 hr commute or buying a co-op near the city, not paying ridiculous taxes, having much less space though and under a twenty minute commute to work.

I may be selling off quite a bit due to space concerns as I am leaning towards the twenty minute commute.

When I lost 75% of my books last year in the hurricane I felt like someone ripped my heart out. A lot of those I had since I was a kid and had sentimental value as well as the monetary. But since I do have a passion for the funny books and always will I just moved on with what was left and started trying to piece back the collection. Its pretty easy to find the books again, money is the main problem so recollecting is slow.

I did find that after a while you start to "heal" and move on, like losing a loved one. For me it made it a little easier to sell some of the survivors that were necessities to actually live off of and to buy new books.

I agree whole heartedly that losing them in the first place sucks to no end but as I am finding out you can get them again, you just might have to pay more for them.

I just sold another 25 books this morning. That's 55 Actions under #100 this month. :eek:

I had better go shopping before my wife decides to.

Half of me is disappointed that I did not have the opportunity to make an offer...

The other half of me (one that says to buy a house) is glad that that half did not have the opportunity to make an offer...

I had plans to list them today. An offer I couldn't refuse was made this morning on all 25 books. :sorry:

Buying a house is a better choice. Action war issues can be aquired on a regular basis. As a matter of fact, I will let you know if I see a nice one come up FS.

True... I need to downsize more. It is a toss up between the island and paying ridiculous taxes, having a yard and a 1 1/2 hr commute or buying a co-op near the city, not paying ridiculous taxes, having much less space though and under a twenty minute commute to work.

I may be selling off quite a bit due to space concerns as I am leaning towards the twenty minute commute.

If I we making the decision you have, I would go for the shorter commute as well.

When I lost 75% of my books last year in the hurricane I felt like someone ripped my heart out. A lot of those I had since I was a kid and had sentimental value as well as the monetary. But since I do have a passion for the funny books and always will I just moved on with what was left and started trying to piece back the collection. Its pretty easy to find the books again, money is the main problem so recollecting is slow.

I did find that after a while you start to "heal" and move on, like losing a loved one. For me it made it a little easier to sell some of the survivors that were necessities to actually live off of and to buy new books.

I agree whole heartedly that losing them in the first place sucks to no end but as I am finding out you can get them again, you just might have to pay more for them.

:sorry:

That's awful. Hope you recover what was lost.