• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling my books

45 posts in this topic

I have read so many threads here about members selling their books. The "I became disconnected", or "after awhile I did not care anymore", or "I guess I really did not want them any more". Well :censored: that! I have been selling my books and it sucks!!! It is depressing, and I really do not ever want to do this again... Every book leads to sellers remorse, and I have no choice.. So to the guys thinking of doing this, think hard. It is really no fun. :cry:

So to the guys thinking of doing this, think hard. It is really no fun. :cry:

I've done this to make room. Unfortunately, so many of my books are key high-grade examples, it's painful later to think about what I sold.

:cry:

I am raising money for our home. We have an offer in, and I have some work to do before we move in. I also have to buy the wife a car at the same time, so I am going to need an easy 6k extra...

Sounds like you're making this difficult because of your selfish desires. Should be a pretty easy thing to do if it's for your wife and family. 2c

I am raising money for our home. We have an offer in, and I have some work to do before we move in. I also have to buy the wife a car at the same time, so I am going to need an easy 6k extra...

Buy her a bicycle and keep your comics.

Win/win hm

I recently sold #71 through #100 from my Action run. It hurt at first. I will be selling what I have between #31 through #68 soon. This will most likely hurt too.

The earlier issues of the run are more appealing to me, than the rest of the run. Sacrifices are necessary to obtain these books. In the end, I don't think I will have any regrets.

During the past decade or so, I've sold off damn near every cool, valuable book I ever owned (including early Actions, Adventures, Detectives; Timelys; Quality titles; ECs; Atlas; Barks Ducks; ALL the big SA Marvel Keys, including AF 15; Spidey 1 - 38; FF 1 - 44; high grade BA Adams books; etc., etc.) to pay for my kid's private school tuition, and I have ZERO regrets.

And yet I find I'm still able to enjoy the hobby--in many ways, more than I did before--by concentrating on affordable, raw VG - VF copies of BA Marvels to complete my sets.

So it is possible to liquidate for a good reason, and still keep a foot in the door, and keep the love alive. So get 'er done, and don't despair!!!! (thumbs u

Sounds like you're making this difficult because of your selfish desires. Should be a pretty easy thing to do if it's for your wife and family. 2c

I wouldnt say difficult. I would say that it is sad seeing books that I had to pay for in time payments (in some instances)go out. It is not like I will just plop down and buy them all over again. I do like my collection, I love my family though. So you are right as it IS an easy decision. It just saddens me that I do not have some stash of cash sitting around, and the only way I can raise the cash is by selling my belongings. So I would not say I am selfish, just sad to see my collection being disbanded.

Your link to eBay says you have nothing for sale. :shrug:
I need to put up a new link. all-americancomics is the new name.
mmmmthankyou, not to put a price on your pain. But I'm going to browse the price on your pain.

Years ago I sold off:

An almost complete run of Batman from 200 to what was then current ( a year after the Jim Lee stuff)

An X-Men run from 200-320.. something

GI Joe - Complete Run

Magnus Robot Fighter - Complete Run

Spider-man - Complete Run

Web of Spider-man - Complete Run

Spectacular Spider-man - Complete Run

Sensational Spider-man - Complete Run

Untold Tales of Spider-man - Complete Run

Spider-man Unlimited - Complete Run

X-Men from 200-300 something..

A lot of assorted nonsense... some drek some interesting stuff.

I sold off those books and at the time I was nervous as to whether or not I did the right thing and I would regret it. Since then I upgraded my Amazing Spider-man collection, I got back into Batman with the New 52, I have Golden Age books that I thought to be once unobtainable since I was so focused with the new stuff. I have picked up my marvel keys that I always wanted like X-Men 1 and Daredevil 1.

I have less... I have a LOT less... but the less is more philosophy is true if you focus.

Set goals and do it.

For virtually anything you own, you will be able to re-buy at the drop of a hat. One thing I have learned over the last 10 years is in almost all cases, people don't own comics, they temporarily let them stay in their homes for a little while before asking them to move on. What ever you part with now, you can re-acquire when the timing is right.

A home and happy wife will make life much better than comics.