• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Now you cannot get grades from CGC until after they Ship???

25 posts in this topic

Search for the other 5 threads on this subject. But the short answer is yes. CGC stopped it because they are training new graders and I guess too many grades were changing during the time they were marked graded to encapsulated.

i thought it was due to the fumbled fingered noobs in the encapsulation room

Whatever the reason, it is sure to reduce headache and phone calls into CGC. Does it make any fumbles between a book being properly graded and munged while being encapsulated disappear? The short answer is yes. Unless you scan each and every book you send in (both front and back cover) you have no way to prove a book was damaged by a CGC employee. At this point we have to rely on the honesty of the system they have in place. Keep in mind there are many links in that chain.

Joe, can't you do something about this? You live right down the street and I pretty much consider you a part of the team already (shrug)

Will you at least try? :wishluck:

If need be I'll pay for, build and ship the picket signs.

:signfunny:

I would have a better shot landing a role in the next Wolverine movie.

As Bruce Banner.

Slow is never better. It has to be hurting their business when their turnaround time is more than the allowable EBay claim filing times. I have no problem buying a dozen raw books a month and then sending them in, but not when I find out too late there is resto on them and I have to eat the cost. This last batch to CGC may have to be my last for a while until they catch up a little. I actually liked the hunt.

Slow is never better. It has to be hurting their business when their turnaround time is more than the allowable EBay claim filing times. I have no problem buying a dozen raw books a month and then sending them in, but not when I find out too late there is resto on them and I have to eat the cost. This last batch to CGC may have to be my last for a while until they catch up a little. I actually liked the hunt.

Without being too disrespectful, if you just want the restoration check there are other sources who can do that.

Dan

Search for the other 5 threads on this subject. But the short answer is yes. CGC stopped it because they are training new graders and I guess too many grades were changing during the time they were marked graded to encapsulated.

i thought it was due to the fumbled fingered noobs in the encapsulation room

Whatever the reason, it is sure to reduce headache and phone calls into CGC. Does it make any fumbles between a book being properly graded and munged while being encapsulated disappear? The short answer is yes. Unless you scan each and every book you send in (both front and back cover) you have no way to prove a book was damaged by a CGC employee. At this point we have to rely on the honesty of the system they have in place. Keep in mind there are many links in that chain.

I bolded the part of your post I want to emphasize, but it is almost worth it to scan each and every book sent in, especially when you have the post office to toss in. I know you get to walk books in and out so that helps you out though.

Dan

Does anyone have a general feel for how long CGC's shipping has been the last few weeks? In other words, what has been the expected wait time for registered mail from Florida to, say, the Northeast?