• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just to avoid a gossip thread... or to start one...

47 posts in this topic

Sure it sucks, but you did have two eBay accounts, which is not allowed.

I know store owners who have had a personal ID for their own personal buying and a store ID for what they sell, but the personal account is almost always identified by eBay and removed (eventually).

Rule is one account per user. It sucks that they did it, and you weren't abusing it, but the potential was there for shill bidding, therefore the second account must go... even if the first one was under suspension for non-payment of fees.

Otherwise every abuser and non-payer could set up an account whenever there was a problem with the first one

So as long as he set it up under his wife's name and financial info, it would have been OK, even though his wife wouldn't use it? My wife's ebay account is set up like that but she uses it to buy baby clothes. We have the same address info and phone info and if eBay cancelled both accounts because of that, I'm sure I'd have grounds to sue if I wanted to pursue it.

I'm not sure about the one account deal... there may be loopholes around that

that sucks House... no chance of relisting? Were you a powerseller yet? Go talk to that worthless powerseller rep - same one that hassles me when I sell too little, leeching [!@#%^&^]...

Just as a followup to this comment... the only access I can seem to find to PowerSeller support is through the "PowerSeller Portal", which is a webform page, and which denies me access because of the NARU. So I can't use it to accelerate the reinstatement. foreheadslap.gif

Anybody have a direct email for PowerSeller support? I know I used to have one years ago. Currently I am only Bronze, so I don't get the spiffy "we will challenge unsatisfied underweight hermaphroditic buyers to a fistfight in the alley with a bag full of money as a prize" support that "big-time" sellers get... But I know I am supposed to get an email address... confused-smiley-013.gif

Wow that sucks big time! I had no idea you couldn't have two accounts. I set up a buyer account because frankly my bra and panty size don't need to be known to my buyers. Would it help if I PM you with the silver power sellers phone # ?

I don't think that there's any rule against having multiple accounts. There are legitimate reasons to have more than one account. (i.e. Buyer vs seller account....Selling different types of items...etc.)

In fact, when I used to use the Auction Seller program offered through eBay, it allowed you to use up to 5 accounts for that program. That would not make any sense if multiple accounts weren't allowed.

Wow that sucks big time! I had no idea you couldn't have two accounts. I set up a buyer account because frankly my bra and panty size don't need to be known to my buyers. Would it help if I PM you with the silver power sellers phone # ?

I am not a Silver PowerSeller, so I don't know whether that would irritate eBay even more... but if you would like to PM it I would appreciate it. I am trying to jump through the hoops the way they want for now, but if I don't get an answer today I may need to do more...

And as someone else has already replied, it is perfectly acceptable to have multiple accounts as long as none of them are suspended. I have had as many as 6 simultaneously, and I know several stores that have a separate account for each type of merchandise they sell (a separate id that only sells Yu-Gi-Oh for example to avoid their regular customers having to wade through those listings).

I am not a Silver PowerSeller, so I don't know whether that would irritate eBay even more... but if you would like to PM it I would appreciate it.

gossip.gif get the panty and bra size while you're at it

I love you too... flowerred.gif

But as a Silver PowerSeller, I doubt she is looking for an "agent" to lead her down the road to fame as a dancer... 893naughty-thumb.gif

Leave the nice lady alone... 893naughty-thumb.giftongue.gif

that sucks House... no chance of relisting? Were you a powerseller yet? Go talk to that worthless powerseller rep - same one that hassles me when I sell too little, leeching [!@#%^&^]...

Just as a followup to this comment... the only access I can seem to find to PowerSeller support is through the "PowerSeller Portal", which is a webform page, and which denies me access because of the NARU. So I can't use it to accelerate the reinstatement. foreheadslap.gif

Anybody have a direct email for PowerSeller support? I know I used to have one years ago. Currently I am only Bronze, so I don't get the spiffy "we will challenge unsatisfied underweight hermaphroditic buyers to a fistfight in the alley with a bag full of money as a prize" support that "big-time" sellers get... But I know I am supposed to get an email address... confused-smiley-013.gif

Just as a followup to my followup, since there are always folks who lurk who might appreciate the info... and because frankly I like talking to myself...

I went back through my email archives to early 2000 (yes, I have all my emails saved going back that far, actually to May 1998... in fact I have around 290,000 inbound emails saved and another 200,000 outbound)...

Anyway, I located the previous PowerSeller support address, which was powerseller@ebay.com, but it is set to autoreply with an explanation that it is no longer in use and points to the webform... confused-smiley-013.gif

On the plus side, going back a little further, I got to reread email exchanges with the first three forumites I sold to back in early 1999, supapimp on a TTA, tomega on a TOS (back when he was "omicronal"), and drbanner on a Conan...

Also found an early email from stronguy, where he first introduced me to both Donut and silverandbronze... where he stated (in discussing the pricing of variants), and I quote:

As a general rule the 4x guide thing works just as long as the book is in

good shape and 4x guide doesn't blow it out of it's price bracket Example:

Spidey #155 - 159 list for $10 in Overstreet. 4x $10 = $40... I can tell

you right now you will NEVER sell one of these books for $40 no matter what

shape it's in. It's just too common. The Spideys usuall go for $10 - $15.

"NEVER" eh??? tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Also found the original transaction record for the infamous Hulk 1... It was eBay item 77101489 (gotta love the days of eight-digit eBay items)... Paid $85 for it in March 1999... Gotten plenty of mileage out of it since... thumbsup2.gif

Sure it sucks, but you did have two eBay accounts, which is not allowed.

A few months back I asked that question of ebay in their live onlkine assistance area. They said you could have multiple acocunts as long as you didn't use thekm tyo shill and as long as the account information was accurate. No issue at all with multiple accounts.

Also found an early email from stronguy, where he first introduced me to both Donut and silverandbronze... where he stated (in discussing the pricing of variants), and I quote:

That's really scary--that was at least 4-5 years ago. Reminds me of the realization I had a few months ago that I've known FD for about 10 years, since the Tyson's shows began.

That's really scary--that was at least 4-5 years ago. Reminds me of the realization I had a few months ago that I've known FD for about 10 years, since the Tyson's shows began.

Well, that's because we are all old. grin.gif

Yep... stronguy wrote that January 12th 2000... My how time flies... foreheadslap.gif

The sad thing is, I started looking over my sales records from back then... Getting $85 for a Charizard = Good... Getting $102.50 for a 9.4-9.6 Hulk 180 = Not-So-Good... foreheadslap.gif

A quick thank you to the five forumites who gave me the PowerSeller phone number. thumbsup2.gif

They informed me that they will happily expedite my tpbking reinstatement, and ensure that it goes through in short order, but only after the lighthouse_comics account is reinstated, and they have no way to expedite that... foreheadslap.gif

On the plus side... they said they had the discretionary ability to reinstate all the erased items, but it would be up to the rep who handled the account reinstatement... I'll be practicing my butt-kissing for the next day or so... sumo.gif

No, greggy... not on you... 893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

I went back through my email archives to early 2000 (yes, I have all my emails saved going back that far, actually to May 1998... in fact I have around 290,000 inbound emails saved and another 200,000 outbound)...

that means 90,000 unanswered/ignored emails shocked.gif - no wonder forumites are burning you in effigy foreheadslap.gif