• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED -- thanks to everyone who purchased books

25 posts in this topic

I hope you all had a happy holiday! Mine was good, but a little too much holiday cheer has led to several upgrades and the associated costs.

Most of the books were purchased slabbed, but if I know the history I will disclose it.

Usual rules, :takeit: in the thread is king. PMed offers are always welcome, and package deals always considered. If someone takes the book in the thread the book is sold. No HOS or probation members welcome.

Shipping in the US will be $10 via 1095 priority mail box whether you buy one book or all of them (obviously the box may change, but it will always be a box). International shipping is at exact cost by whatever trackable means we agree on.

I accept Paypal, checks, or MOs. I reserve the right to wait for checks to clear if we haven't done business previously, and vastly prefer MOs or PP. International buyers have to pay with Paypal.

As these are all CGC books there are no returns unless I royally screw something up. Please ask any questions about anything you cannot see in the scans or is not included in my descriptions.

Remaining books

Tales to Astonish #33 CGC 5.0 -- $109 $99 :news:

Journey Into Mystery #82 CGC 7.5 -- $275 $260 :news:

Take pair for $355 shipped!

These books are still available at these prices, but I will be unavailable to sell them for about 2 weeks. If you see this thread and would be interested PM me and I'll get in touch when I am able.

Amazing Adventures #2 CGC 7.0 OW-W -- SOLD :news:

3rd highest graded behind a couple of 8.0s and one 8.5. Purchased slabbed. Priced between the last two sales that I know of (both of which seem low to me based on the difficulty of this book).

AA02CGC.jpg

AA02CGCbc.jpg

Tales to Astonish #33 CGC 5.0 CR-OW -- asking $109 now $99

Purchased slabbed, but pretty sure it is unpressed based on my examination (but no guarantees on that). Looks better than a 5.0, but two long and very light creases in the lower right corner of FC. One barely breaks color and the other is more of a bend. Very solid eye appeal on this copy.

TTA33CGC50.jpg

TTA33CGC50bc.jpg

Amazing Adventures #2 CGC 7.0 OW-W -- asking $199

3rd highest graded behind a couple of 8.0s and one 8.5. Purchased slabbed. Priced between the last two sales that I know of (both of which seem low to me based on the difficulty of this book).

AA02CGC.jpg

AA02CGCbc.jpg

:takeit:

Another ^^

Tales of Suspense #19 CGC 6.5 White -- SOLD :news:

Very bright copy that is perfectly centered with perfect PQ. Main issue here is some rust on the staples with a touch of transfer on the top staple. If you don't mind that you have a very nice copy otherwise.

TOS19CGC65.jpg

TOS19CGC65bc.jpg

Journey Into Mystery #82 CGC 7.5 OW-W -- asking $275 now $260

Purchased raw, pressed by Joeypost. Very pretty book that I really thought had a shot at 8.0, and is one of the prettier 7.5s I've owned. Very clean spine, perfect centering, great edges.

Here it is raw, pre-press:

JIM82.jpg

Here it is slabbed:

JIM82CGC75%20%281%29.jpg

Tales of Suspense #19 CGC 6.5 White -- asking $145

Very bright copy that is perfectly centered with perfect PQ. Main issue here is some rust on the staples with a touch of transfer on the top staple. If you don't mind that you have a very nice copy otherwise.

TOS19CGC65.jpg

TOS19CGC65bc.jpg

My favorite pre hero! :cloud9:

My favorite pre hero! :cloud9:

So buy it! :baiting:

It is one of my favorites as well. Would have been fine with keeping this one if I hadn't upgraded to a 7.5.

TOS19CGC65.jpg

TOS19CGC65bc.jpg

:takeit:

Great pick up Tom!

THX Marc! Upgraded my (de-slabbed) 4.5 copy ( :gossip: undercopy now for sale)...elevates my average grade for my 1-38 set to an even 5.5... :cloud9:

Glad I could help, and thanks for the purchase!

2 great boardies and another great sale!! :applause:

Great pick up Tom!

THX Marc! Upgraded my (de-slabbed) 4.5 copy ( :gossip: undercopy now for sale)...elevates my average grade for my 1-38 set to an even 5.5... :cloud9:

I think i bought your last undercopy too..... hm