• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LAST REDUCTION !!! - WEIRD! STRANGE! FREAKS, FREEMASONS AND UFOS!

11 posts in this topic

I have a group of very unusual books to list... all vintage, all strange!

Will accept check, money order and Paypal. If paid via check or money order, I'll pay for shipping!

$4 shipping to U.S. address, $6 to Canada.

:takeit: takes it, no dunce cappers!

I have two copies of a very scarce and vintage sideshow "pitch book" that were produced for B&B Shows in the early 1960s, available for sale as souvenirs. Titled "FREAKS : A Collector's Edition of Nature's Human Oddities, Past and Present". I believe these pitch books were also used by Ward Hall at his sideshows (Hall & Leonard, Hall & Christ, Wondercade, World Of Wonders). These pitchbooks are composed of a single 22" x 17" double sided sheet that has been folded into quarters. Printed on both sides and folded twice, no staples. Cover is printed in red and rest of pitch book is printed in black and white. Includes a large number of black and white photographs of "human oddities" from the past and present. Not for the faint of heart. Includes "half men", "female torsos", "Chang and Eng" , "Wolf Men", and "Parasitic Monsters".

I can PM a photo of interior for serious inquiries.

As I mentioned, I have two copies:

1st copy: VF condition except for missing color on upper right of front cover. Otherwise very nice.

$50 REDUCED TO $32

IMG_5466_zpsdf0418a0.jpg

2nd copy: F condition except for ding on upper left corner and bit of edge wear.

$40 REDUCED TO $24

IMG_5468_zpsc2fbdc07.jpg

Up next is a book published by the New Zealand Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament in 1974 titled THE BOMB AND YOU that describes the effects of nuclear weapons, then current state of geopolitics regarding the bomb, and efforts to disarm. Very scarce book. 32 pages, VF condition.

$25 REDUCED TO $14

IMG_5465_zps28385525.jpg

Here is a set of scarce vintage Freemasonry ephemera, all from the Philadelphia area:

#1: TRISTRAM B. FREEMAN ROYAL ARCH CHAPTER No. 243 - one folded sheet program for May 13, 1953 at Masonic Temple, Broad and Filbert Streets in Philadelphia, PA. Excellent condition, fold in middle.

#2: JOPPA COUNCIL No. 46 - one folded sheet program for January 5, 1953 at Masonic Temple, Broad and Filbert Streets, Philadelphia, PA. Near mint condition.

#3: LODGE #432 - ORIENTAL HALL, MASONIC TEMPLE (2914 Nicholas St., Philadelphia 21, PA). One folded sheet for meeting on January 13, 1949. Pencilled notations at bottom of front cover, otherwise fine.

#4: ON THE THRESHOLD (BOOK NO. 1) 16 page book serving as an introduction to Freemasonry for new Masons. Inside front cover reads: "This is the first of four booklets for the use of candidates for initiation and membership as they progress in the work." Creasing on spine, otherwise fine.

#5: CORINTHIAN "CHASSEUR" COMMANDERY No. 53 - Knights Templar, Stationed at Philadelphia, General Order #6, A Stated Conclave of Corinthian "Chasseur" Commandery No. 53, December 20 1948. 6 pages, Near mint condition.

$25 for entire set of five. REDUCED TO $15 FOR ENTIRE SET OF FIVE

IMG_5464_zps59413f99.jpg

IMG_5463_zpsa010e31a.jpg

This is a scarce medical volume titled THE FUNCTIONS AND DISORDERS OF THE REPRODUCTIVE ORGANS (in Childhood, Youth, Adult Age, and Advanced Life) by William Acton, M.R.C.S. Eighth edition published by P. Blakiston, Son and Co. of Philadelphia (1012 Walnut Street) in 1895. Hardcover in excellent condition with a tight, firm binding, intact front and rear hinges, gold lettering on spine, and excellent pages. Overall a fine copy of a very scarce and strange medical volume on the human male reproductive systems. Subjects include disorders regarding , masturbation, "marital excesses", semen disorders, ungratified sexual excitement, nocturnal emissions, non-emission, and insanity arising from masturbation!

$50 REDUCED TO $34

IMG_5391_zps08245740.jpg

IMG_5393_zps9b6f80f9.jpg

IMG_5394_zpse393c690.jpg

IMG_5397_zpse3b03b22.jpg

IMG_5398_zps3fcee1b0.jpg

This is a fine copy of THE CASE FOR THE UFO (Unidentified Flying Objects) by M.K. Jessup, published by The Citadel Press, NY in 1955. Hardcover in blue boards, 239 pages. Front hinge is cracked and rear hinge is intact. First twenty pages have a very small stain at bottom corner of pages, rest of pages are unmarked. Previous owner has drawn in pencil an illustration of a UFO that he personally experienced. Title page is separated at bottom two inches, otherwise interior pages are white and in very good condition. Minor wear at spine of hardcover boards, otherwise fine. Dustjacket not included. Scarce early UFO volume.

$35 SOLD!

IMG_5410_zps9bd7470c.jpg

IMG_5411_zps1874dc71.jpg

IMG_5412_zps121ea961.jpg

IMG_5413_zps6aef1f57.jpg

IMG_5414_zps53474dc5.jpg