• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOS#39 on Cap's Website

46 posts in this topic

I'm pretty sure the TOS #39 that was on ComicLink at $20K, then moved to PedigreeComics at $16K and then on Highgradecomics (Bob's) for $19K was the same book.

If that's the case, I believe clobbertime is the new owner. At what price I have no idea, that's his business.

hi.gif

I figured out thta it is the same book - so the market has not been suddenly flooded with high grade 39s and the price is in the range of the numbers discussed. but to finance it, I am selling/trding off some doubles. I bought a lot of key books in doubles and even triples over the years at good prices compared to now so have been trading/liquidating those to finance these big deals. I decided instead of having many small books for future speculation, to consolidate into more expensive ultra key type books. So although I think and warn that there is potential for a downside to the current price boom, I am hoping and betting any downturn wont last forever. The books I buy as doubles or for investment, I want to try to hold for 5 to 10 years depending on the market. The books I have been moving to do these deals, I bought over the last 3 years and intended to hold longer but the market has been so hot, obviously now was a very good time to deal them.

I know how you feel regarding KEYS. Pretty much, my collection that I kept over the past 10-15 years were key books only (some major some minor but almost all issues that were worth much more than the surrounding issues).

I still have a hard time focusing on my goals, but one of my goals is to pick up at least one Major Key a year, (this year it was X-Men #1 CGC 8.0). The only Marvel books that I buy in CGC 8.0 are the major keys. The rest have to be CGC 9.0 or higher (and after 1965 they have to almost always be CGC 9.4).

If you want to sell any of those doubles, please feel free to shoot me a PM as I have been on a buying spree of late (and I'm kinda addicted and need a fix). 27_laughing.gif

Good luck with your collection, and remember there is no right or wrong way, just YOUR way (for you that is).