• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much does a house cost in Utah?

24 posts in this topic

Middle Village, Maspeth, Long Island City in Queens look nice...

I would LOVE to afford a 2-3 bedroom place in Greenpoint or Williamsburg Brooklyn but that is unobtainable at the going rate.

Far less than a house in NY
Tough to find an apartment in Manhattan I bet.

The rent is ridiculous and just slightly under what my mortgage would be. The problem is that I want to buy a home as a single guy. Most homes on Long Island and the good parts of Brooklyn and Queens are quite a stress on the wallet for a single person.

I cannot afford to buy a house in the area of Brooklyn that I live and work in. I will be looking in Queens next year. Long Island would be the responsible thing to do if I was married and had kids and had a dual income... but...

It looks like Queens it is.

Brooklyn eh! How's Bed Sty? still a war zone. lol

They have sidewalk cafes in parts of BedSty nowadays. You wouldn't believe the turnaround in North Brooklyn.

I still keep my apartment in Jackson Heights. The JH/Woodside area isn't for everyone but there are some gems of buildings in there. Great eats, as well. Not a place to raise a family, but a great place to raise some hell.

You guys have it easy.... try prices in Paris :screwy:

Colleague went for an apartment with 1 bedroom, 1 living room, 1 kitchen, 1 washroom (total area was under 100 m2)

355,000 euros = 469,000 usd ( sold the same day it was listed )

and the apartment wasn't even "in" Paris ( was 15km away - Boulogne )