• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much does a house cost in Utah?

24 posts in this topic

Houses in Texas are at 82K? Most houses in So. Cali. is around 500-900K

Actually the median for a house in LA county is 360K - though that includes a lot of small houses in crappy neighborhoods. But yeah, 1500 sq ft or more in a decent neighborhood that isn't a fixer or way the hell out is tough to find for under 500K anymore.

Actually the median for a house in LA county is 360K - though that includes a lot of small houses in crappy neighborhoods. But yeah, 1500 sq ft or more in a decent neighborhood that isn't a fixer or way the hell out is tough to find for under 500K anymore.

So I'm thinking sell my home for 600K,move to Texas and buy a house for 100K.Leaving me 500K. hm

So I'm thinking sell my home for 600K,move to Texas and buy a house for 100K.Leaving me 500K. hm

Here you go

Here you go

I thought they make everything bigger in Texas. hm That place looks like the size of my garage. lol Guess I'll stay in Calif. after all.

Far less than a house in NY
Tough to find an apartment in Manhattan I bet.

The rent is ridiculous and just slightly under what my mortgage would be. The problem is that I want to buy a home as a single guy. Most homes on Long Island and the good parts of Brooklyn and Queens are quite a stress on the wallet for a single person.

I cannot afford to buy a house in the area of Brooklyn that I live and work in. I will be looking in Queens next year. Long Island would be the responsible thing to do if I was married and had kids and had a dual income... but...

It looks like Queens it is.

The rent is ridiculous and just slightly under what my mortgage would be. The problem is that I want to buy a home as a single guy. Most homes on Long Island and the good parts of Brooklyn and Queens are quite a stress on the wallet for a single person.

I cannot afford to buy a house in the area of Brooklyn that I live and work in. I will be looking in Queens next year. Long Island would be the responsible thing to do if I was married and had kids and had a dual income... but...

I grew up in Queens. There are some really nice neighborhoods there.

Brooklyn eh! How's Bed Sty? still a war zone. lol

My wife has been giving me hints about wanting to move to Texas when her Parents retire there.I told her that homes may be less there,but so is the pay.I have a great position at my work,and would hate to basically have to start over.