• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: X-Men 141

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

Things I've noticed:

Color-breaking tick at the bottom staple, front cover.

A few spine ticks/stress marks that break color.

Bottom left corner is a bit white, and even less so on the bottom right. Looks worse in the pic than it actually is.

Some sort of ink transfer in the center of the spine, but I've seen identical marks in the same spots on CGC graded copies. So, it seems to be production related.

Some sort of VERY slight impact-mark on the top-left edge of the front cover. Same on the bottom edge, right below Logan's/Kitty's boot. Both result in a hairline color break.

The back cover is perfect except for two ncb spine ticks that apparently don't even show up in the pic.

To see larger pictures, click on the image and select "actions" on the upper left, then "view all sizes" from within Flickr.

Thanks, and Happy New Year everyone!

8330380413_08197b4ec7_b.jpg

x-men 141 fc 001 by isiTrue, on Flickr

8331436182_b6ec46a3cf_b.jpg

x-men 141 bc 001 by isiTrue, on Flickr

8333808053_db01dc655b_b.jpg

x-men 141 fc imperfections noted by isiTrue, on Flickr

Thanks guys.

I took a much closer look at the book, and updated the original post. Those impact marks result in hairline color breaks, and a few more spine ticks break color. I added a pic that shows the problem areas.

So, still approx. a 9.2? Or lower?

9.2 is still possible I think. I would take 9.4 off the table.

Okay.

It's too bad, because the book looks really nice in hand, and it's just about perfectly centered.

If only the top and bottom edge didn't break color...

Thanks.