• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quentin Tarantino ; Fan-Boy Hatter!!!!!

23 posts in this topic

From Wizard X #155. Q;Will you ever direct a comic book flick?

Tarantino :" The reason I'll never do a comic book movie with, the Flash or somthing like that

is f 893censored-thumb.gif those comic book geeks, man. You can't please them. I might do a comic book movie, but I'd come up with my own charactors were I'm God, and I'm the expert and not you

guys."

REALLLY well boo.gifflamed.gifmakepoint.giftonofbricks.gifmakepoint.gif you Mr.Tarantino

I'm a GEEK sign-rantpost.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

Tarantino :" The reason I'll never do a comic book movie with, the Flash or somthing like that is f 893censored-thumb.gif those comic book geeks, man. You can't please them. I might do a comic book movie, but I'd come up with my own charactors were I'm God, and I'm the expert and not you guys."

REALLLY well boo.gifflamed.gifmakepoint.giftonofbricks.gifmakepoint.gif you Mr.Tarantino

Actually...I am inclined to agree with him. If it wasn't for the word "geek" that he uses, he actually has a point. There are just too many people to please. There will always be some people who are too critical to just enjoy the movie. I haven't yet seen a movie adaptation of ANY book, let alone a comic book, that has been done to 100% satisfaction. He could have been less offensive about it, but that would just take away from the honesty and style that makes him Quentin. confused-smiley-013.gif

Is he "Mad"?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well when in Oz.. spell like a Hatter insane.gif

Is it time for tea?

confused-smiley-013.gif

Is he "Mad"?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well when in Oz.. spell like a Hatter insane.gif

Is it time for tea?

confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gif.. yes.. and before Pov jumps my chit.. I meant" When in the Wonderland.. spell like a Hatter"..

27_laughing.gif..

Yet again I blow another movie reference. foreheadslap.gif

One lump or 2 Dice?

Tarantino :" The reason I'll never do a comic book movie with, the Flash or somthing like that is f 893censored-thumb.gif those comic book geeks, man. You can't please them. I might do a comic book movie, but I'd come up with my own charactors were I'm God, and I'm the expert and not you guys."

Actually...I am inclined to agree with him. If it wasn't for the word "geek" that he uses, he actually has a point. There are just too many people to please. There will always be some people who are too critical to just enjoy the movie. I haven't yet seen a movie adaptation of ANY book, let alone a comic book, that has been done to 100% satisfaction. He could have been less offensive about it, but that would just take away from the honesty and style that makes him Quentin. confused-smiley-013.gif

I agree as well. Just look at Star Wars as an example, I was a huge fan of the original Star Wars Trilogy... and had pretty much every Star Wars novel published. Needless to say, I had high expectations for "the Phantom Menace"... of course we know the rest... the movie sucked. 893frustrated.gif I dropped Star Wars like a bad habit after that.

Ok "geek" is now Fan-Boy !!!!

Now What!

Now What!

Well...it's not quite so offensive anymore. He certainly has a point about not being able to please the fans. Most of the fan boys are already criticizing the films before they are even released. Most of the time even the very idea that the movie is being made draws criticism. confused-smiley-013.gif It's the cold hard truth.

Now What!

Well...it's not quite so offensive anymore. He certainly has a point about not being able to please the fans. Most of the fan boys are already criticizing the films before they are even released. Most of the time even the very idea that the movie is being made draws criticism. confused-smiley-013.gif It's the cold hard truth.

sooo you were, or were you not offended by Tarantino.

I'm A Geek I'm A Fan-Boy I like Tarantino but to say f 893censored-thumb.gif COMIC BOOK

GEEK Well thems fighting words. This is a comic book fourm soooo 893censored-thumb.gif Tarantino

Well...it's not quite so offensive anymore. He certainly has a point about not being able to please the fans. Most of the fan boys are already criticizing the films before they are even released.

You've got that backwards. Fanboys are usually quite positive in their adulation of the character and the movie, but since it is a large part of their life, fanboys love to go over and over and over and over the minutiae of the film, and will never, ever let it go.

If you want to see fanboys in action, go over to the IMDB forums, and check out an upcoming comic book movie. There will be some criticism (usually from a newbie muck-raker), but most of it's one HUGE fanboy circle jerk. Or better yet, check out the Revenge of the Sith forums. boo.gif

I don't know where you get this bizarre idea that fanboy = negative, when it's usually exactly the opposite. confused-smiley-013.gif

hey JC, i think he as referring to you. blush.gifwink.gif

lol - Now that is a funny one Pimpy. 27_laughing.gif

He's actually talking about the guys who write their final thesis on the true meaning of the Matrix. foreheadslap.gif

Well...it's not quite so offensive anymore. He certainly has a point about not being able to please the fans. Most of the fan boys are already criticizing the films before they are even released.

You've got that backwards. Fanboys are usually quite positive in their adulation of the character and the movie, but since it is a large part of their life, fanboys love to go over and over and over and over the minutiae of the film, and will never, ever let it go.

If you want to see fanboys in action, go over to the IMDB forums, and check out an upcoming comic book movie. There will be some criticism (usually from a newbie muck-raker), but most of it's one HUGE fanboy circle jerk. Or better yet, check out the Revenge of the Sith forums. boo.gif

I don't know where you get this bizarre idea that fanboy = negative, when it's usually exactly the opposite. confused-smiley-013.gif

What he said!!! and back to Tarantino: makepoint.giftonofbricks.gifboo.gifflamed.gif

I agree - I see him writing about JC who is NEVER satisfied with ANYTHING. boo.gif

Well...it does seem that he is never satisfied with anything, but to call JC a fanboy is a bit of a stretch tongue.gif. My point isn't to get caught up with arguing which groups in particular criticize the most. It is the fact that criticism is often made before anyone even sees it. What's the point of debating how good/bad a movie is before it comes out? confused-smiley-013.gif I guess this just stems from the fact that I never go see a movie on the first week that it comes out anyways. The lines are always crazy and you have to go an hour early just to grab a good seat (and I hate those freaking hoods who think they are badassed just hanging out in front of a movie theater on a Friday night). I would much rather wait for critics and friends to tell me whether or not a movie is worth seeing.

Anyways, this is getting a little off-topic. Brain, I can understand your ire for Mr. Tarantino's remarks. I personally took no offense to his comments because they don't apply to me. If I see a movie I did not enjoy, I would not complain the the producer, writer, director, or actors. They way I see it, his comments are directed to those people who take movies personally, like it ruined their lives or something. To me it seems a bit silly to let a poorly done movie have such a negative impact on my life.

I agree - I see him writing about JC who is NEVER satisfied with ANYTHING. boo.gif

Well...it does seem that he is never satisfied with anything, but to call JC a fanboy is a bit of a stretch tongue.gif. My point isn't to get caught up with arguing which groups in particular criticize the most. It is the fact that criticism is often made before anyone even sees it. What's the point of debating how good/bad a movie is before it comes out? confused-smiley-013.gif I guess this just stems from the fact that I never go see a movie on the first week that it comes out anyways. The lines are always crazy and you have to go an hour early just to grab a good seat (and I hate those freaking hoods who think they are badassed just hanging out in front of a movie theater on a Friday night). I would much rather wait for critics and friends to tell me whether or not a movie is worth seeing.

Anyways, this is getting a little off-topic. Brain, I can understand your ire for Mr. Tarantino's remarks. I personally took no offense to his comments because they don't apply to me. If I see a movie I did not enjoy, I would not complain the the producer, writer, director, or actors. They way I see it, his comments are directed to those people who take movies personally, like it ruined their lives or something. To me it seems a bit silly to let a poorly done movie have such a negative impact on my life.

Tarantino: "f 893censored-thumb.gif those comic book geeks, man." Key words COMIC BOOK GEEKS!!!!

Again to Mr. Tarantino I'm A Fan-Boy, I Love your movies.But I;m still a 'COMIC BOOK GEEK.'

SSOOOOO: makepoint.giftonofbricks.gifflamed.gif893naughty-thumb.gifsign-rantpost.gif You.