• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 700 Signature space

20 posts in this topic

That white space is the perfect area for a fine line sharpie. You'll fit twice as many as a standard point sharpie.

That white space is the perfect area for a fine line sharpie. You'll fit twice as many as a standard point sharpie.

Good point, but Im gonna have to rely on others for many of the sigs, so I'm at their mercy... (or in the case of Stan Lee, his mercy)

Already trying to determine which con will have the most available Spidey creators at it for signings and a submission.

White back cover would make a 9.8 grade harder, but then again you could get signature to cover up a stray mark.

How CGC decides to treat the Lower Left corner cover mini-tear that seems to be on all of them will be the big deciding factor in whether there are many 9.8s out there...

Good point, but Im gonna have to rely on others for many of the sigs, so I'm at their mercy... (or in the case of Stan Lee, his mercy)

Already trying to determine which con will have the most available Spidey creators at it for signings and a submission.

Between SDCC and NYCC you should be pretty much DONE

[font:Book Antiqua]It’s that real...?

How come books submitted months ago don’t get graded

and a 2 weeks old book did so fast...?[/font]

:boo:

If you want your books done faster, pay for premium service :shrug:

"Signed by stan lee... on Stan Lee's Birthday"

Was this a special signing where they arranged for the special description on the labels?

It was the Boston Super Megafest show that just happened to coincide with Stan's birthday.

If you want your books done faster, pay for premium service :shrug:

"Signed by stan lee... on Stan Lee's Birthday"

Was this a special signing where they arranged for the special description on the labels?

It was the Boston Super Megafest show that just happened to coincide with Stan's birthday.

Actually, Stan Lee's birthday, on December 28th, didn't coincide with any show. As for the rest, I agree with the first comment that you can pay for premium service to get a quick turnaround on a book.

This is going to go down as one of the best signature series book ever

Please tell me you are joking. There are going to be plenty more of these.

IM not sure if he is referencing the ASM 1:200 Ditko variant thats up on ebay with Stans sig, or just my OP point of the ASM 700 "names" variant....

Im sure you'd agree a book that trys to at least somewhat pay homage to 100 different creators on one of the industries top titles (at least in duration) could be used as an amazing signiture series book...

IM not sure if he is referencing the ASM 1:200 Ditko variant thats up on ebay with Stans sig, or just my OP point of the ASM 700 "names" variant....

Im sure you'd agree a book that trys to at least somewhat pay homage to 100 different creators on one of the industries top titles (at least in duration) could be used as an amazing signiture series book...

That would make a lot more sense, in the vein of "this book has the potential to be an amazing SS book because so many people can sign it." :idea:

That would make a lot more sense, in the vein of "this book has the potential to be an amazing SS book because so many people can sign it." :idea:

yep that was my plan...

Was thinking about getting a 2nd copy and doing an "All writer" book and an "All Artist" book...

Started running thru the names:

1. Stan Lee (1-110)

2. Jerry Conway (111-149)

3. Len Wein (151-180)

4. Marv Wolfman (180-204)

5. Roger Stern (224-252)

6. Tom DeFalco (251-285)

7. David Michelinie (290-388)

8. JM DeMatis (389-406)

9. back to Tom DeFalco (407-439)

then back to Howard Mackie (v2 1-29)

10. to J Michael Strayzinski (v2 30-58, and then v1 500-545)

those 10 writers cover 90%+ of the stories from the start of ASM until OMIT, at which point I black out and dont remember anything being written again for the title...

Did I miss any big writer?

Anyone think a comparable artist list could be accomplished? Im betting no, but I wonder what the top 10 artists by volume would be.... sounds like fun work for a monday morning.