• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RARE FIND>> MARVELS COLLECTORS GUIDE TO COMICS'82

9 posts in this topic

I was re-bagging my Spider-Man collection and came upon one of those few nuggests of gold that make you want to smile. So I'd thought I'd share it with you all. A sixteen page MARVEL COLLETORS GUIDE TO COMICS . From the house od ideas! acclaim.gif

SM234.jpg

SM234A.jpg

check out the Hulk 181 ( considered valuable and only going fo $25 cloud9.gif

SM234B.jpg

SM234C.jpg

SM234D.jpg

SM234E.jpg

Simply amazing glad I listened to them in '82 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

WEBHEAD

Did you read the part where the author gives an estimate on what a run of ASM would be in NM, and then recommends the MT reprints?

Oh yeah, and that Top 10 list of modern comics are all speculated on in quantities, thanks to that article.

The sick part is the SA list...those 10 books for around $6000!! tonofbricks.gif

The sick part is the SA list...those 10 books for around $6000!! tonofbricks.gif

But the problem was FINDING the books in that condition, and for that price. I can remember a collector in the mid-80's looking for tons of early SA in NM, but finding very few copies at the major dealers.

Many dealers weren't that condition-conscious back then, and even if they had a NM, they might not even know it, and for those that did, rampant over-grading and resto were still big issues.

That's why people speculate on new issues; all you need to do is hit the comic store and put your money down.

Nice post! I really enjoy the collector tips, wish I would have read them then!

I still have nightmares of ordering a X-Men #1 from Howard M. Rogskofsky in 1970 for $13.00. He sent me such a nice copy that I immediatly put tape along the edges of the front & back cover to protect the book. foreheadslap.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

It's one of my bigger comic book regrets! Book value then was $8.00.

Did you read the part where the author gives an estimate on what a run of ASM would be in NM, and then recommends the MT reprints?

Oh yeah, and that Top 10 list of modern comics are all speculated on in quantities, thanks to that article.

Always there to look at the glass half full tonofbricks.gif

Nice post! I really enjoy the collector tips, wish I would have read them then!

I still have nightmares of ordering a X-Men #1 from Howard M. Rogskofsky in 1970 for $13.00. He sent me such a nice copy that I immediatly put tape along the edges of the front & back cover to protect the book. foreheadslap.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

It's one of my bigger comic book regrets! Book value then was $8.00.

893frustrated.gif