• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just submitted my first CGC order

54 posts in this topic

I remember my first CGC submission.

What an...eye opening experience that was.

It would have been less painful to stack the money up in a pile and set it on fire. :facepalm:

and so, what did you learn? :shrug:

It took me about a half dozen submissions to get a 9.8. lol

I was so clueless. :cry:

lol I'm sorry but that made me laugh

It would have been less painful to stack the money up in a pile and set it on fire. :facepalm:

But I know what one is now. (thumbs u

I cheated, my first subs were variant shiney street fighter books, all three I sent in came back 9.8 but those covers could stop a bullet and still come back 9.6. The other book was still sealed from Dynamic forces lol

I cheated, my first subs were variant shiney street fighter books, all three I sent in came back 9.8 but those covers could stop a bullet and still come back 9.6. The other book was still sealed from Dynamic forces lol

I had a bit of a handicap. I was submitting bronze age books. :facepalm:

I had a bit of a handicap. I was submitting bronze age books. :facepalm:

All the Bronzes I've sent haven't gotten more than 9.4, other than a crack press resub :facepalm:

My 1st sub of 19 books that i just got back to long ago had 11 9.8's including WD 1 the rest 9.6 9.4 with a lonely 9.2

my other fast tracks have been pretty steady with 9.8's but its pretty much all modern

How does pre screening work? Do I send them 50+ books and only pay for the ones that are over my grade limit, say 9.6? What's the cost of those that are under then grade?

CGC charges a $4 reject fee pr. book that doesn't pass the prescreen - the ones that do pass are slabbed at the normal rates (which depend on the tier).

Day 9 (1/16) - Status changed to Graded! So CGC only took 9 business days to grade the comics, less than the current 10 day turnaround time.

But the grades are not available -- the web page says: Grades are not displayed until submission ships.

I think this is new. In my last order I could see the grades before shipment.

Day 13 (1/22) - Status changed to Shipped/Safe -- so only 3 days over the 10 day turnaround time. I'm pretty happy with that.

I'm also happy with the grades. I was hoping for 9.8s for all of them. They all looked perfect to my eye, so not getting 9.8s would have thrown me. But I got nine 9.8s and one 9.9.

These were all moderns covered dated 2012, so I think easier for me to grade. Many more variables to consider with older books.

Day 9 (1/16) - Status changed to Graded! So CGC only took 9 business days to grade the comics, less than the current 10 day turnaround time.

But the grades are not available -- the web page says: Grades are not displayed until submission ships.

I think this is new. In my last order I could see the grades before shipment.

Day 13 (1/22) - Status changed to Shipped/Safe -- so only 3 days over the 10 day turnaround time. I'm pretty happy with that.

I'm also happy with the grades. I was hoping for 9.8s for all of them. They all looked perfect to my eye, so not getting 9.8s would have thrown me. But I got nine 9.8s and one 9.9.

These were all moderns covered dated 2012, so I think easier for me to grade. Many more variables to consider with older books.

good work