• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Removing the digital code in Marvel comic books.

14 posts in this topic

As this is becoming commonplace, how will a comic, say Spider-Man 700 or any recent Marvel fare when graded, without the sticker for the digital code in place? I say it will be just like the Marvel Value Stamp from the 70's, an incomplete book. Others believe it will not affect the grade. What say you!

As this is becoming commonplace, how will a comic, say Spider-Man 700 or any recent Marvel fare when graded, without the sticker for the digital code in place? I say it will be just like the Marvel Value Stamp from the 70's, an incomplete book. Others believe it will not affect the grade. What say you!

Personally, I would not consider the book "incomplete" without the sticker. I'm not sure how CGC would grade this though.

Tried searching on Ebay, but can find no mention of a Marvel code book with or without code, although some have been graded, according to the census. I would like to see if they say either 'code intact' or 'code missng'.