• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can you change the time your eBay search emails are sent?

26 posts in this topic

I have several things in my eBay saved searches and receive a daily email when there are new items in each search.

The problem I have is that eBay sends these email notifications out at 2:30 am.

Since my phone dings every time I get an email, you can imagine the frustration of my phone dinging 30 individual times at 2:30 am every night.

My fix for the problem so far has been to just turn of the sound notification on my email.

It works but I just leave the notification off and I'd really like to have it on.

The only other option I can think of is to have my eBay email sent to my spam folder, which can pose a problem if I ever receive a message from a buyer, seller, or a make an offer notification.

If I could just change the time that eBay sends out my saved search emails, it would solve all my problems.

Is there a way to do this? I've been looking but can't find a way to change it. :cry:

Never seen a way either.

It appears its a -script that runs..

wonder if it is adjusted by your location (i.e. if you identify you account as being in Spain does the email come in at 2:30am Spain time, or 2:30am Eastern Standard?)

that might be a way to work the scrpit....

Is there a way to do this? I've been looking but can't find a way to change it. :cry:

How about your cell phone? I know even my basic cell phone I can change different ring tones for different numbers. Does your cell phone allow you to change the "ding" notification for text messages coming from a particular source like eBay to "silent"?

How about your cell phone? I know even my basic cell phone I can change different ring tones for different numbers. Does your cell phone allow you to change the "ding" notification for text messages coming from a particular source like eBay to "silent"?

No. I have an iPhone. You can do things like this with any other phone created in the last 5 years...except the iPhone.

:facepalm:

No. I have an iPhone. You can do things like this with any other phone created in the last 5 years...except the iPhone.

I weep for your plight.

OK - lettuce look at the email again.

Is this web based email (like gmail or yahoo mail)? Or do you use a local client like Outlook or Thunderbird to access your email?

I weep for your plight.

OK - lettuce look at the email again.

Is this web based email (like gmail or yahoo mail)? Or do you use a local client like Outlook or Thunderbird to access your email?

It's yahoo, but my phone accesses it with it's own client.

OK - before delving deeper have you just called ebay and asked about this?

Back to the issue: since these come at 2:30AM and you do not want to be awaken from your slumbers, why not just setup a folder in Yahoo called Ebay Alerts? Then set up a filter to automatically send ebay alerts to that folder as they come in?

As you use your phone to access your email, you should be able to access the new folder as well, and only ebay alerts will be there. I don;t see a difference between accessing your text alerts when you arise or accessing your new Yahoo folder when you arise.

You can create a filter as instructed here:

http://help.yahoo.com/tutorials/mmail/mmail/mm_filter1.html

phone > off

zzzclock_19WDBE.gif:cloud9:

phone > on

no dings. :acclaim::whee:

:insane::shy:

err - he already covered that in his initial post. :facepalm:

:blush:

Note to self: cutesie-snarky is soooo 2012. :sorry:

"soooo" is soooo 1997.

But good humored self-deprecation never goes out of style! :applause:

phone > off

zzzclock_19WDBE.gif:cloud9:

phone > on

no dings. :acclaim::whee:

:insane::shy:

The problem is that I forget to turn it off and am suddenly reminded at 2:30 am.

re-posting in case you missed it amoung the other stuff:

Back to the issue: since these come at 2:30AM and you do not want to be awaken from your slumbers, why not just setup a folder in Yahoo called Ebay Alerts? Then set up a filter to automatically send ebay alerts to that folder as they come in?

As you use your phone to access your email, you should be able to access the new folder as well, and only ebay alerts will be there. I don;t see a difference between accessing your text alerts when you arise or accessing your new Yahoo folder when you arise.

Pov, I love you so much it hurts. :luhv:

I created the filter and I'll report back at 2:31 am on how well it works. :whee:

PS, I love you again! :whee:

Pov, I love you so much it hurts. :luhv:

I created the filter and I'll report back at 2:31 am on how well it works. :whee:

PS, I love you again! :whee:

Brothers in Ink, Bro. Brothers in Ink. Hail the Mighty Heidelberg!