• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can you change the time your eBay search emails are sent?

26 posts in this topic

That's what I've been looking for! Thank you! :applause:

My pleasure!! This has been my saviour since it was released last year, but I didn't want to post in the thread yesterday as there was a bug with this in the New Year - where scheduled downtime didn't turn itself off in the morning.

However, Apple assure the world that it will self rectify as of the 7th. Which was yesterday for me:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4510

I only turned on the DND again today (the 8th) so I won't know if the glitch is gone until tomorrow morning. But let me know if no good for you as I will be hunting down and lynching certain fruit representatives if so.

re-posting in case you missed it amoung the other stuff:

OK - before delving deeper have you just called ebay and asked about this?

Back to the issue: since these come at 2:30AM and you do not want to be awaken from your slumbers, why not just setup a folder in Yahoo called Ebay Alerts? Then set up a filter to automatically send ebay alerts to that folder as they come in?

As you use your phone to access your email, you should be able to access the new folder as well, and only ebay alerts will be there. I don;t see a difference between accessing your text alerts when you arise or accessing your new Yahoo folder when you arise.

You can create a filter as instructed here:

http://help.yahoo.com/tutorials/mmail/mmail/mm_filter1.html

This worked like a charm, Pov. Thanks for the suggestion. You're a peach. :hi:

I too have a few search results that are sent in a scattered pattern around the day. Most of my emails are sent at 3:30 am during the seasons where the clocks are turned back and at 4:30 when the clocks go forward. I sleep with my phone under my pillow but the dings all come in at once for that round of 3:30 listings.