• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: LOTS - unsold SA/BA distributor stock, '69 - '77! UPDATE w/discounts on p. 9

91 posts in this topic

:news: -- MOST RECENT UPDATE W/BIGGER DISCOUNTS IS ON PAGE 9...

-----------------------------------------

Hey all,

This thread will contain nothing but large and small lots of "un-retailed" SA and BA multiples (mostly Marvels and DCs) from a large collection of distributor warehouse stock I acquired late last year.

All of these books were stored in large boxes, in stacks of multiples by title and issue number, and remnants of the original distributor twine--which had been cut off (not by me!)--were found in the boxes with them.

Only one original distributor bundle remained "in-tact" (i.e., still tied with the original twine), and I sold it here on the boards back in October. Click on this thumbnail image for a larger picture of it:

th_NF18-bundle1.jpg

The books being offered in this thread were no doubt similarly bundled, and then broken out, perhaps by a potential remainders re-seller (?), and stored for 30 years or more as they sat when I found them -- no bags and boards, stacked flat in old cardboard boxes. So while these are not necessarily "high grade" warehouse copies, they're clearly books which have not seen the light of day in a LONG time, and were never purchased by a reader or collector off of a news vendor's rack during their original retail release.

Not surprisingly, the later Bronze Age lots tend to contain nicer copies overall, but there are still some very respectable books in the larger, late SA/early BA groups as well. A grade range, or average grade for the group, will be noted in each listing. Please let me know if you need more information, or better pictures or scans.

------------------

TERMS

------------------

:takeit: rules. No probies, HOS'ers, 3rd party sales, or shipping to an address other than the buyer's.

• Payment is due within 3 days of close. PayPal is strongly preferred.

DOMESTIC U.S. SHIPPING: Rates are for Priority Mail only -- no media mail or parcel post...

$12 for up to 50 regular comics (or fewer if "giants" and regular comics are combined) via the USPS Priority Mail medium flat rate box w/insurance.

$7 for up to 6 regular comics (or fewer if "giants" and regular comics are combined) via the USPS Priority Mail flat rate envelope w/insurance.

NO international shipping -- these lots are just wayyy too heavy. Very sorry! :sorry:

My feedback thread is located here (under my old username, but it's still me):

My feedback thread!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be listing about half of the lots tonight, and the other half tomorrow night at roughly the same time (9:00 or so east coast time)...

First listings will be up in a few -- thanks for looking!

Tres cool. Would love if you'd share the story of how you got these! It's like a Mile High II find, except maybe there weren't any mobsters this time...

Thanks! It's not nearly a find of that caliber...but it's still neat that these books survived this long, in quantity, without being absorbed into the wider marketplace at some point...

DC 100 Page Super Spectacular #15 (Superboy) LOT: 7 copies of an early 100-pager, all in the Fine - VF range with general storage wear. Two have prices written lightly in pencil on the first page (upper margin).

$30

01-DC-100-pager-lot-books.jpg

01-DC-100-pager-lot-spines.jpg

Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes #208 LOT: 10 copies of this cool Giant from '75, all in the Fine range with general storage wear. One has a price written lightly in pencil on the first page (upper margin).

$20

02-Superboy-Giant-lot.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man Annual #11 LOT: 11 copies. Most are in the VG - Fine range, with a few approaching VF- or so. Tanning to the very top edge and sides of some pages from storage, but the paper itself is clean and supple with no issues.

$35

SOLD to cloudofwit!!!

03-Spidey-Annual-8-lot.jpg

First Issue Special #7 LOT: 11 copies. Ditko art. Most are VF or so, with a few higher (VF/NM, or maybe a little better), and a few lower (closer to Fine+). Nice, glossy, uncirculated books!

$25

04-DC-1st-issue-special-lot.jpg

Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes #208 LOT: 10 copies of this cool Giant from '75, all in the Fine range with general storage wear. One has a price written lightly in pencil on the first page (upper margin).

$20

02-Superboy-Giant-lot.jpg

Are these 100 page Giants?

$20

Are these 100 page Giants?

Nope -- this one is a 64-pager from 1975. The first Superboy lot I listed is the only 100-pager in this thread...

Amazing Spider-Man Annual #11 LOT: 11 copies. Most are in the VG - Fine range, with a few approaching VF- or so. Tanning to the very top edge and sides of some pages from storage, but the paper itself is clean and supple with no issues.

$35

:takeit:

$35

:ohnoez:

$35

(thumbs u All yours, thanks!

$35

:ohnoez:

:baiting:

The Champions #12 LOT: 8 copies. Cool Byrne-era Champions issue. All are VF or so, and are clearly un-opened/un-read (i.e., bottoms of some interior pages are still holding on to each other at the bindery perforations).

$15

06-Champions-lot.jpg