• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Silver Surfer #1

13 posts in this topic

4.5- too much general wear to break towards the fine range.appearance is right inline with a midgrade though and its lack of serious defects keeps it out of 4.0 or lower range. i really think it certifies as 4.5 and regardless thats what i grade it from the scan.Has a chance at 5.0 from CGC on a good day but i wouldn't hope for any higher.

4.5- too much general wear to break towards the fine range.appearance is right inline with a midgrade though and its lack of serious defects keeps it out of 4.0 or lower range. i really think it certifies as 4.5 and regardless thats what i grade it from the scan.Has a chance at 5.0 from CGC on a good day but i wouldn't hope for any higher.

the right edge and the reading crease along the spine are a tough 1-2 punch then you add in the rough upper corner and the creasing along the top edge and you have 4 separate areas of notciable wear on the front cover alone. In my experience i just wouldn't push this one into the fine categoru due to that but it still has an attractive middle area to the FC so its a nice collectible copy!

the right edge and the reading crease along the spine are a tough 1-2 punch then you add in the rough upper corner and the creasing along the top edge and you have 4 separate areas of notciable wear on the front cover alone. In my experience i just wouldn't push this one into the fine categoru due to that but it still has an attractive middle area to the FC so its a nice collectible copy!

Thank you for the validation... (thumbs u

I'm torn 4.5/5.0! I can see either.

Thank you for your feedback. Here are some examples I have found to draw upon. What do you think?

Couldn't find a 4.5

CGC 5.0

CGC 5.5

CGC 6.0

that particular CGC 5.0 i would stear clear of if it were me. I see some CGC 5.0's that are really sharp and some that are stinkers. this one for me doesnt really get it done. Based on these examples i would say your copy has an outside shot @ 5.5 from CGC but like i said i wouldn't count on it scoring above 5.0. weighing in the general feel of the book in hand plus if the pages are cherry with no creasing or tanning can help you get an idea whether or not the book can push out of the VG range in CGC's eyes.