• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am so disgusted I won't turn this in...

356 posts in this topic

What a crazy thread this is. Runs the gamut from ebay shilling to Japanese cinema (my pick: Throne of Blood -- a must see film) and back again. I kept waiting for Cal to post examples of the emails he gets. I've never heard of such a thing. It's incredibly risky for someone to contact a complete stranger to ask them to do something shady and a NARU offense. Every once in a great while I used to have people try to sell me things off ebay, but no one ever came close to asking me to shill for them, out of the blue. And this happened more than once? Has anyone else had this happen? I'd love to see a few of those emails, just to see how one would go about asking such a thing

all you had to do was ask, Joanna There is a mechanism called PM - others do this regularly.

CAL

why did you pull your slam of Joanna that might have gotti'n you a strike ?

No where did I say that I actively participate in auction-shill ring? Please show me where I said that. And I NEVER edit posts like some othere here do.

Those are your words, aren't they Cal?

So why is your post to Joanna now missing the bit about her 'being part of the problem' and that she should 'go back to nurse-maiding the boys here'?

Explain, please, why your posts are now being edited, despite your capitalised denial that you would ever do such a thing?

So why is your post to Joanna now missing the bit about her 'being part of the problem' and that she should 'go back to nurse-maiding the boys here'?

Telepath you are well named - I spent a bit looking for that myself and was gonna Cal why he used this gender trip. Man thanks! No edits. RIGHT!

all you had to do was ask, Joanna There is a mechanism called PM - others do this regularly.

I just read the thread, and as I did, I kept waiting for someone to ask for them, that's all. A PM wasn't necessary. It's not up to me to judge or decide any of this. I was just curious as to why no one asked. The ones who are taking sides against you, that is. Me? I'm staying neutral on this one. I have no interest in flaming anyone, or accusing anyone, or proving anything. It just seemed to be glaringly missing, that "show me the emails!" post. It's usually always in the middle of these things.

Just an observation, nothing more.

-- Joanna

No where did I say that I actively participate in auction-shill ring? Please show me where I said that. And I NEVER edit posts like some othere here do.

Those are your words, aren't they Cal?

Explain, please, why your posts are now being edited, despite your capitalised denial that you would ever do such a thing?

so it was there and now everyone knows.

I'm glad you saw it too, Brain. It was a response waaaaaaaay beyond what was called for and the guy who claims in his own words in this very thread never to edit his posts....edited his post.

That, my friends, is Mr Calamerica-Collectibles in a nutshell.

Why is it that Cal decides to draw our attention to 'shill' activity that is most likely to be nothing of the sort, but fails to post any of the hundreds of e-mails he receives daily that 100% confirm shill activity?

Lets never talk about the ones I got right on my Shill of the Month posts. Lets just bash CAL when( and this Thread is still not over - that Shill that had a zero feedback got his first feedback out of all those he bid on....oh no! Could it BE??? YES - that same Seller in question of this Thread!) he does not nail one.

Why is it that, although Cal claims to be a shill-buster of international renown, with regular appearences on TV and in the papers, that none of us have ever heard of such a thing?

You are just jealous that USA TV pays tons more than UK TV. I like most Brits a lot, but don't worry - you will NEVER get on that list and I am sure that suits you just fine.

Why is it that, when he challenges anyone to dug up any evidence that he himself may have shilled an auction, and somebody does precisely that, he thinks it sufficient defense to claim that it's just poor luck and that the previous evidence, that is no longer in existence, will prove his innoce

OK wise guy - where is the BEEF? I don't see any evidence. Now that other "sticks-his-nose-where-it-did-not-belong-then-cries-" Not-my fight" Rob_React gave you all about 100 auctions that I did not win. This is a slam-dunk - eMail eBay - tell them that MK and his ilk are sure that I am part of this shill cartel - you can do it - and wake me up when you have done your worst. You have nothing.

Why is it that Cal repeatedly gets himself into these jams here and on every other comic board known to man?

And then blames everyone else?

The truth is that I have enemies that paste me every chance they get - and unlike you, I don't bad mouth showcase-new-england via YOUR email to me - you displayed ultimate cowardice then and would do so here now if I would let you get away with it. You of all CGC Forum members know the deal with me here and YOU and one other member started and continue to carry other garbage from the eBay Comics Board and when all else fails - you keep bringing up the old garbage. That is your diet, and I don't want any part of you or your diet of garbage.

If you don't understand the topic matter at hand( at least joanna admitted others asked her to sell stuff outside the rules) stay out of it. Don't be like the others who want to join the fight in part, but when I challenge them to prove their case and put up or shut up - they can't do either. The bashing continues without the BEEF.

Why is it that, when he challenges anyone to dug up any evidence that he himself may have shilled an auction, and somebody does precisely that

Now I am gonna stay on your case as you clearly posted above that someone DID prove that I was shill bidding. You have put yourself inthe battle. Your choice.

CAL 893naughty-thumb.gif

Glad you caught this Flaming T..

In the post I made to Cal.. I quoted him saying his rip on Joanna.. but when I reloaded the page it went away... so I lost it.. but yeah it was not nice. 893naughty-thumb.gif. and for you to edit it Cal.. was a blatant knee jerk reaction.

.. CAL...I think the advice Pov gave you earlier.. was very sound.

Perhaps this would be a good time to step off.. or just provide names, and facts.

I am not saying the whole.. you will be gone by the 5th stuff..

just leave it be for a bit, or give us a few more facts.

Z

Pov, the man in question got into hot water on the eBay boards for many reasons...one of which was his derogatory and demeaning remarks towards women (remember Sha, Cal?) which he would occasionally let slip.

It seems that a leopard can't change his spots.

Unless it relates to editing posts, obviously....

So why is your post to Joanna now missing the bit about her 'being part of the problem' and that she should 'go back to nurse-maiding the boys here'

Because after I re-read it, it occured to me that she MIGHT be neutral as she later posted. That is why I edited that post. Don't like what I did, you know what you can do.

CAL

I just read the thread, and as I did, I kept waiting for someone to ask for them, that's all. A PM wasn't necessary. It's not up to me to judge or decide any of this. I was just curious as to why no one asked. The ones who are taking sides against you, that is. Me? I'm staying neutral on this one. I have no interest in flaming anyone, or accusing anyone, or proving anything. It just seemed to be glaringly missing, that "show me the emails!" post. It's usually always in the middle of these things.

Just an observation, nothing more.

-- Joanna

Who needs to ask? If he had them, he would have used them to exonerate himself... but maybe they will only further incriminate him?

Like I've said, originally, I thought Cal was making up the stuff about the emails... now, I think he really DOES get emails like that from people he is "working with."

It's all just too well-ordered to be an accident.

OK wise guy - where is the BEEF? I don't see any evidence. Now that other "sticks-his-nose-where-it-did-not-belong-then-cries-" Not-my fight" Rob_React gave you all about 100 auctions that I did not win.

"sticks-his-nose-where-it-did-not-belong?"

YOU ASKED PEOPLE TO CHECK YOUR BIDDER RECORD! SO I DID! With no editorial comment. No tying it in to the "shill cartel." No tyinig it into shilling at all. No nothing. YOU'RE THE ONE THAT TIED THIS COMMENT INTO THE SHILLING DEBATE.

I was just doing what YOU SUGGESTED and comparing it to a statement YOU made. This is the original exchange where I "stuck my nose where it doesn't belong" (on a public forum.)

4) and no one can check my bidding activities on eBay? I guess to make someone you dislike, the info features such as the Search won't get mentioned because it might show that I win almost every auction I bid on.

You won 36 out of 126 on the search I just ran.

So why is your post to Joanna now missing the bit about her 'being part of the problem' and that she should 'go back to nurse-maiding the boys here'

Because after I re-read it, it occured to me that she MIGHT be neutral as she later posted. That is why I edited that post. Don't like what I did, you know what you can do.

CAL

Ok , enuff for me.. the thread is all yours...

I am sorry I even attempted to get onboard this thread.

Have fun Cal. hi.gif

I hope you can clear all this up for us.

No need to tell me to stik it where the sun dont shine.. I thought I was very objective in my posts to you, and tried to offer my advice.

So consider this whipping boy outa here, since none of this really affects me other then a good read on the board.

Good luk Cal..

Z

did you check my eBay record from the 4 plus years? I acknowledged you that yes, recently I have not won that much as I did in the past. You did not let it rest. Then you tell me that this is not your fight, it is MK, or whoever. You stuck your nose in this mess, now you want out? Do I have this right? I know the answer.

CAL

That is why I edited that post. Don't like what I did, you know what you can do.

Don;t like what you did. You should have left the EDIT marker in place, and supplied a brief ::edited for:: reason - I do. It is easy. Thing is - admission of mistakes goes a lot further towards making yourself look better than after the fact excuses.

Why is it that Cal decides to draw our attention to 'shill' activity that is most likely to be nothing of the sort, but fails to post any of the hundreds of e-mails he receives daily that 100% confirm shill activity?

Lets never talk about the ones I got right on my Shill of the Month posts. Lets just bash CAL when( and this Thread is still not over - that Shill that had a zero feedback got his first feedback out of all those he bid on....oh no! Could it BE??? YES - that same Seller in question of this Thread!) he does not nail one.

Why is it that, although Cal claims to be a shill-buster of international renown, with regular appearences on TV and in the papers, that none of us have ever heard of such a thing?

You are just jealous that USA TV pays tons more than UK TV. I like most Brits a lot, but don't worry - you will NEVER get on that list and I am sure that suits you just fine.

Why is it that, when he challenges anyone to dug up any evidence that he himself may have shilled an auction, and somebody does precisely that, he thinks it sufficient defense to claim that it's just poor luck and that the previous evidence, that is no longer in existence, will prove his innoce

OK wise guy - where is the BEEF? I don't see any evidence. Now that other "sticks-his-nose-where-it-did-not-belong-then-cries-" Not-my fight" Rob_React gave you all about 100 auctions that I did not win. This is a slam-dunk - eMail eBay - tell them that MK and his ilk are sure that I am part of this shill cartel - you can do it - and wake me up when you have done your worst. You have nothing.

Why is it that Cal repeatedly gets himself into these jams here and on every other comic board known to man?

And then blames everyone else?

The truth is that I have enemies that paste me every chance they get - and unlike you, I don't bad mouth showcase-new-england via YOUR email to me - you displayed ultimate cowardice then and would do so here now if I would let you get away with it. You of all CGC Forum members know the deal with me here and YOU and one other member started and continue to carry other garbage from the eBay Comics Board and when all else fails - you keep bringing up the old garbage. That is your diet, and I don't want any part of you or your diet of garbage.

If you don't understand the topic matter at hand( at least joanna admitted others asked her to sell stuff outside the rules) stay out of it. Don't be like the others who want to join the fight in part, but when I challenge them to prove their case and put up or shut up - they can't do either. The bashing continues without the BEEF.

Why is it that, when he challenges anyone to dug up any evidence that he himself may have shilled an auction, and somebody does precisely that

Now I am gonna stay on your case as you clearly posted above that someone DID prove that I was shill bidding. You have put yourself inthe battle. Your choice.

CAL 893naughty-thumb.gif

CAL......one question......we saw your post about Joanna.....then it was gone....

ask your self this if i did that, or any other member of the board did it what would think?

no rants, no slams, no misdirection, just an honest answer, this board is very forgiving,

just be honest, if this to much for you stop posting , but the hole you have dug in now deeper.

and can only get worst by the post. don't be #3 on the fith.