• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Subcategory structure beneath "comic books"

41 posts in this topic

DG,

I'm sorry that your previous experience with us was not good. For what it's worth, I apologize for our failings in our interaction with you, and extend the same offer to you I do to any other board member, customer, or collector who deals with us--I can't guarantee we'll never make a mistake, but I'm available by phone at (512) 240-2802, PM here, or email conan@mycomicshop.com and will do anything I can to make sure you're taken care of.

Best,

Conan

You can't fix a problem if I ordered your last copies of many comics and then received all 30 damaged. I wanted the comics I ordered in the condition stated. I didn't want substitutes and a refund doesn't pay for my time that I wasted. I value my time HIGHLY and I eventually decided your company was not worth dealing with even if your employees had made an attempt to resolve my complaints. As it was, your customer service simply told me they'd done nothing wrong and quit replying.

If you were to pay me my hourly rate for all the time I wasted it would be about 3 hours. I sorted through the stock finding enough books to make it worth the effort. I sifting through the books listed that weren't available (despite the site saying they were). I had to go back and change my selections. I spent time checking the status of my order, composing emails asking why there were no status updates and I had to repeatedly check for responses which were not received in a timely manner. The customer service I got was rude and they simply quit replying to my emails after I received 100% of my order damaged. The comics had not even been mailed by the time they were supposed to be in my hands. It was a complete lack of respect for the fact you were holding my money and I was waiting for what I'd ordered. When I did get the comics, the packaging was quite literally inept.

You've been in business a long time and you have a massive inventory. Basic packaging guidelines should be posted and visible to anyone shipping an order..

My advice is to actually treat your operation like a real business and buy proper shipping supplies rather than using boxes that look like they were scrounged out of a dumpster.

I had intentionally purchased low dollar stuff as a test order. I was seriously considering some of the comics that were much higher dollar in value. I am VERY thankful I did not order something more expensive.

Keep in mind that many of the comics that you sell for $2 -$3 are comics that I can buy in bulk lots for a dime. The ONLY advantage you provided me was one-stop shopping. Since your shipping employee didn't even understand the basics of protecting comics in transit, I received overpriced comics in a condition that was completely unacceptable. It annoys me that they are even in my comic boxes. I stared at the trash can many times, because that's where I think they belong.

My advice is that you buy a comic from Metropolis and compare their packaging to one from your own company. you might consider implementing a 'mystery shopper' program and actually see how the experience is to the customer on the other end.

I don't have any interest at this point in getting replacements or taking your money. There is nothing you can do to get me back all the time I wasted. At the bare minimum you'd have to send me a check for $150 to cover the cost of the order plus my time. Even that does not make me happy because my time was not for hire and it was not how I wanted to spend my time. The experience was bad and I want my fellow collectors to know how bad it was.

If my indignant attitude makes you try harder on the front end of an order, then my reason for posting in this thread has been positive. If it doesn't, then the next customer has been warned and again the result is in my opinion positive.

DG